or Connect

Posts by klemomma

Can I join? I think this is just the place I need :-)   We are really NTNP right now - got my first PPAF back in August (DD will be 11 mos this weekend). I miss the days of being like, "Oh, I'm late. Hmmmm, I guess I'll get a test." Now that I know my body so much better, it's hard to fight the urge to know as. soon. as. possible. But really, what difference does it make (except for the mamas who have medical conditions where the days do make a difference, of...
Pediatrician - Dr. Nancy Hesz at Star Pediatrics in Xenia - it's a little bit of a drive, but she's really great   OB/Midwife - I really love the midwives at Lifestages (based at Good Samaritan Hospital, but they have some satellite offices too). Also, Dr. Horlacher at Miami Valley is great. There's a group of midwives at MVH too - Midwives of Dayton I think? Some people really love them. I love *some* of them, but not all, just my personal opinion...
We've seen Dr. Nancy Hesz at Star Pediatrics (in Xenia) for years. She is a wonderful pediatrician and has accommodated our delayed / selective vax schedule throughout the years. 
Hello, and welcome :-)   I grew up in Kettering. I don't live there anymore, but am only about 30 minutes away and still have family in Kettering.   It is actually pretty surprising to me how "non-crunchy" the area is :-( You might want to try out some La Leche League meetings. There is a great active group in East Dayton which is probably pretty close to you, and I understand there is a pretty good group in Centerville as well.    How many LOs do you have,...
I am so very sorry for your loss.  Rest in Peace, sweet angel Charlie
khaoskat - how is this practice with vaccination policy? Are they tolerant of delayed vax, no vax, alternate vax schedule, etc? Also, what about BFing?   (sorry to hijack)   Britany123 - Dr. Nancy Hesz at Star Pediatrics is really wonderful, and has never said one single thing about our decision to not circ our DS. Their office is in Xenia. We have been with them for several years. I'm looking to possibly switch practices right now only because we've moved and...
Well, we have been on a nearly gluten-free diet, and she developed the "sticky" spots after we started that. I think gluten had a lot to do with my 5 yo DS's tooth decay issues, but doesn't seem to align as well with DD's issues. I have been supplementing with vit D, but not as regularly as I should. I'll definitely work on being more consistent with that!
Another benefit that I didn't see mentioned is that if any complications arise, there is no transfer. You are already where you need to be.    Like another mama said, most of the time we don't *expect* complications. And yet they happen. When I read stories of emergency homebirth transfers to the hospital, they are usually pretty traumatic for the family.   Now, I'm not saying that emergencies aren't traumatic in the hospital by any means. And I'm not saying that...
Oh, we definitely already have a plan in place! I switched to ToothSoap instead of toothpaste. After brushing, we do a round of cell salts. Then, we do either pascalite clay application or m.i. paste application (we alternate nights). I just don't know if that will be enough or not :-(   Also, we drink raw milk from grass-fed cows and eat a good bit of Kerrygold butter. But we've been doing that since before the "sticky spots" showed up.   I also got some xylitol that I...
So my DD is almost 4. I had her at a children's dentist who advised me that she needed two small fillings on two of her front teeth (one on each tooth). She also said that DD had some brown "pre-decay" spots that if I were to put DD under GA for treatment, she would go ahead and drill and fill, but if I wanted to treat her in the office for the two cavities, she would leave those spots alone and just watch them.   About maybe 4 weeks after that, I had DD at a...