or Connect

Posts by usagi629

How does the moon cup compare to the Diva?   I find it difficult getting the Diva cup to form a good seal. It doesn't seem to want to pop/reshape back to it's full circular shape after being folded for insertion. Can you recommend anything?   Also, what do you recommend for laundering the cloth pads? I saw bacout is part of your laundry kit for the pads and a soaking pail. What goes in the pail exactly and how long do you need to / can you soak them...
Rosie -- I agree that just using it long enough to heal and only on one side shouldn't develop any long term issues for you or baby. Just be sure you stop using it as soon as you are healed enough to go without it again. 
Great Idea!   Height: 5' 4" Pre-Preggo Weight: 138 Max Preggo Weight: 162 Current Weight (3w2d): 149   I have definitely been indulging my sweet tooth since DD's birth, though in small doses. BFing makes me so hungry and an oatmeal cookie seems like the perfect little bite of energy in the middle of the night when I am waking up to nurse her. I'm eating plenty of healthy foods the rest of the time so I'm not fretting it.   Just yesterday I tried doing...
Pacifiers -- I really don't have a problem with pacifiers when used appropriately. I don't like seeing a walking talking toddler running around the mall with one in his/her mouth, but I would put that in the "inappropriate use" column. For newborns the need to suck for comfort vs. food is strong, and comfort nursing may not always be possible or may frustrate the mom or babe. I don't think pacifiers should be used to delay feedings, but when baby is clearly full and...
Well, I'm doing pretty well... now. I'm on day 6 pp. Still sore where my stitches are (2nd degree tear) and not sleeping super great yet (no surprise there!), but I definitely feel like some things are easier with this one. Afterpains were a h-o-r-r-i-b-l-e this time around, but that's mostly all over and done with now. DD is nursing well. My milk came in between day 4 and 5, so there were some adjustments on her part, getting accustomed to the change. No serious...
Well, our Amelia arrived yesterday, four days "early", but decently of her, after we finished most all of our major to do list. :-)   She was born at the freestanding birth center April 15, 2012 at 8pm. 7 lbs. and 1/2 oz. 20 inches long. That's 11.5 oz and 1 in smaller than her big brother was. :-)   She's just a beautiful light in my life right now, and I'm so happy she's finally here. It was hard work (19 hours of labor, 25 minutes of pushing), with some...
39 Weeks...  
I feel like I'm finally to the point that I'm "ready" for baby. Not that I'm totally done with everything, but mentally and emotionally "ready" I think. And of course, while before I felt like I was "asking" her to stay in a bit longer, now I feel like she's telling me, "yeaaaaaaaah... not quite yet mom." lol   I dunno.. I haven't had "intense" BH in over a week I think... so I'm pretty sure it's safe to assume she's going to be like her brother a probably be a few...
Wow. What a beautiful birthing story. So happy for you!!
I think with DS, I did clean it out with a q-tip AFTER it fell out. I think it may have fallen out earlier than it otherwise would have because of the thirsties CD covers rubbing against it. :-\   At any rate, he was crusty inside his button and there was some dried blood, etc. so I used the q-tip to clean him out... I don't recall if I just used water or if I actually used alcohol. :-?