or Connect

Posts by darcytrue

At that young of an age it is just your son being himself! I think it's awesome. My son (now age 15) used to love to play with dolls, feed them, hold them and cuddle them, sleep with them, had a kitchen set with stove/fridge/sink and food and other stuff as well as the usual boy toys. But I loved how he could be himself and had varied interests and we never expected him to be a "boy" as the world sees a boy should be. I think it's wonderful the behavior your son is...
Some of these are great ideas! I've used them before. Wish I could get my 15 year old to do some of the CHORE helping!! lol. But we are talking about a whole day of a toddler getting in to cabinets, climbing on everything she can get her knees up on, pulling stuff out of drawers and closets. Constant no's! :-)  Helping with chores or going outdoors we can definitely do and have done, but that stuff only lasts a couple hours at most. What do we do the rest of her awake...
My youngest is 18 months old and does this as well. She won't jump on the couch much but loves to climb up and then get back down. She has fallen off backwards a couple times. It worries me but I can't always be in that room and baby gates are OUT, they aren't used in my home. She also now opens the dishwasher and climbs up and stands in it. :(  I am going to buy a lock for the D/W today if I can find one, don't even know if they exist. She likes to move the chairs to...
I don't think it is. You weren't intentionally putting her in a room and shutting the door to let her go to sleep on her own and CIO. That's what CiO means to me.
My cell phone will not block incoming calls. I don't know anyone who has a cell phone that does that. I got messages from him making me feel guilty through text first and then the call.  He just had a way of doing it that I can't explain. He would always say it was "Gods will" for us to stay together and see where it leads because any future relationships for me won't last because I got out of Gods will and what not. The usual Christian person abusing their belief to...
My last post above sounds very angry towards this man because I can't believe someone like this is out there getting women to actually fall for this stuff and the fact that I kept falling for it and taking him back over and over scares me. I let myself be that available and that vulnerable to a loser like that. He had nothing whatsoever to offer me. He had no job, hadn't had one in over 3 years, blamed me for the one he had in January and lost because HE kept sleeping in...
I started talking to him again but things he kept saying to me were irritating me. Then we had another weekend together this past weekend. The overnights with him never set well with me and I always got a weird feeling inside me. This past weekend was no different. :(   I stopped talking to him when I got home Sunday and yesterday he started texting wanting to talk so we did. I basically had to finally tell him I didn't appreciate a lot of the comments he would say...
As long as the kids have someone to play with I wouldn't care probably. I've learned over the years with my 15 yr old and 8 yr old that a lot of people will come and go. Just let your child enjoy playing and if you want to talk to the nannies then do and if not then read a book. Next year or so it may be different. Different seasons bring changes.
My older two children stopped napping around 2 years old. My DD napped a little longer but only because she went to a daycare until she was almost 4. But my son stopped napping by  1 1/2 years old and he was home with me all day.
  also, TRY to remember, although I know it's hard, lol......that in a few years this will all be a memory and you will look back and laugh it off. My older two are 15 and 8 and I had some really tough times with them those first 2-3 years. Hang in there!