or Connect

Posts by lovingthis

Thank you so much ladies. I am going to see if I can talk our primary care doctor into a refferal OUTSIDE of the military hospital: someone who can help me sort out what is going on so I can be the kind of Mama I want to be. If I cant...I am not sure what I might do - but I am hoping that if I explain why I do not want to be seen at that hospital, it would probably behoove everyone involved to provide that referral. I know that the orthopedist said that there would be a...
Hi, I had my fourth baby in early May. It was a fairly traumatic birth I suppose, though initially I felt mostly grateful to the midwives that helped us avoid a csection. It is a long story but I had never wanted to deliver there in the first place, though I recognized it as an option, partly because I had found a lot to mistrust during my prenatal care (going in for kidney pain that was dismissed as a back ache, then being prescribed abx for hematuria though no...
Thank goodness...we managed to get a wonderful doctor today. She really listened to me and sent us home with some collection bags so that we didn't have to wait there and /or cath him. She was nothing but supportive about him being intact...kind of looked scornful about the AAP change in stance... hank you so much.
Thanks. I have just been flustered by all of these studies saying that intact boys are so much more likely to get uti. I still don't think that's enough reason to remove a body part....but it certainly hurts my case with everyone who has been telling us that it is "dirty ". At this point, I am thinking that a primary illness led to low Heine output, which allowed a uti...not that it has been a uti all along - hubs reminded me that he was hoarse the first evening of the...
We kept our second son intact, despite the criticism from pretty much everyone we know ( and now the AAP...) . We didn't have the same knowledge when our first son was born 9 years ago, we did allow him to be circumcised. I do regret that, but I also know that I was doing the best I could with the information I had available...hope that my son will understand that as well ( so far he hasn't seemed to notice that there is anything different about his baby brother during...
Like you mentioned, my biggest issue is how far apart the diapers spread Mack's legs. He started at 7 lbs 7 oz, but now that he is up to 10 ( at 3 weeks) it is ot as bad. The legs and belly haven't been the issue, just the bulk, like you said. I am partly used to this...knowing that a lot of cute clothes just don't fit right or look right over cloth.but the little spread eagle thing just want working for me. We started out using nb prefolds with a snappi and the...
The first few days were rough. He fussed a lot, and I was having a hard time- moving my neck to look at him, let alone to think clearly enough to figure out what was wrong and how to help.   I was really nervous that Baby number 4 was going to be a serious fusser...when I have these other 3. Baby number one was a fusser...but it was just him and me, and if what he needed from me all day was to be carried around and around...well, I didn't have any other family...
 I am really glad for anyone who has received genuine help from that site. That is truly wonderful....and just makes it make even less sense to me. I didn't see anything I shared as dirty laundry. I just wanted to share my story with the ladies here, who I thought really understood where I was coming from. I never imagined that anyone here would want to make fun of me- because I needed to process what had happened? because I am trying to process how and why my poor...
I am not stupid. I realize that people can copy and paste things, putting them somewhere private. I never complained about that.  I just assumed, initially, that anyone who would be making fun of the posts here wouldn't also be someone who came here for support.   The whole reason I like these boards ( asopposed to what I have heard from real life riends about similar sites) is because I didn't feel judged here. But apparently, people just copy and paste your stuff...
There is a post elsewhere on the site where people have discussed that those meanie boards typically get the posts from a dual member- someone who comes on here, copies and pastes them there, and makes fun of them.