or Connect

Posts by RM09Mama

Hello middle-Tennessee mamas!  My husband has started his new job in the Nashville area and our boys and I will be joining him next week when we close on our new house in Hendersonville.  We are moving from Southwest Michigan (very un-crunchy area) so I'm really looking forward to making some new contacts with like-minded families!  I'm also looking for info on any or all of the following:   - family doctor (or possibly pediatrician) who will understand and support...
I wouldn't assume that a pediatrician would automatically be more knowledgeable about the normal penis.  You'll have to look around and ask the right questions to make sure you find a doctor who is actually well-informed about this and other topics that might be important to you (breastfeeding, starting solids, approaches to sleep, etc.).
Hi everyone,   My name is Rebecca and I'm 26 years old. My husband and I have been married since 2008 and our son Nicholas just turned 2 on Feb. 14.  I'm an at-home mom and trained as a birth doula last year, although that path is on hold since I got pregnant last July.  My son was born with a CNM at a hospital, but we planned a homebirth for this pregnancy.  I had a great CNM and the first six months of my pregnancy were perfectly normal, healthy, and very happy. ...
I've been informed about circumcision for at least 5 years, since I was in college. I've always known I would want to have a family, and I babysat a lot and have always loved kids. I had a LiveJournal and was in some communities, honestly I can't even remember what they were about, maybe knitting?? From there I became "friends" with some natural-minded mamas and was began reading about and becoming interested in normal birth, breastfeeding, natural family planning, cloth...
* EDD: mid-April (17th by LMP, 20th by ovulation) * Name: Rebecca M. * Age: turning 26 in October * Location: Southwest Michigan * How long it took to you to get your BFP: We conceived the first month we tried (thanks to regular cycles & tracking CF). * What number child is this for you: 2nd pregnancy, hopefully 2nd beautiful healthy baby! * Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): Husband and 18 month old son, no pets (DH severely allergic) * Baby's gender...
lolar2 mentioned Berrien County but that's where I live, so I thought I'd chime in with some more info on Southwest Michigan. Whirlpool Corporation is headquartered in Benton Harbor and has locations all over Benton Harbor and neighboring St. Joseph (which is a tourist town). Whirlpool is about to build a huge new complex in downtown Benton Harbor, which will hopefully help to revitalize that area. Whirlpool had been in a hiring freeze but are now hiring again, though it...
I'm a trained doula in Southwest Michigan, and I'm in contact with a number of other doulas who charge abougt $500 or less, including some who are recently trained and pursuing certification (like I am) and have negotiable rates. Please PM me if I can help.