or Connect

Posts by Ninetales

They gave me a big piece of fabric with velcro on it after my c-section.  I used that thing constantly for probably two weeks after, and still quite a bit for a long time.  My sister hated the thing, but I liked having it on.  I'll probably use that again.
I should be reducing sugar and carbs, but it's hard for me.  If it wasn't I wouldn't struggle with my weight my whole life.  I've been testing my own blood sugar half hoping there would be a problem so I'd have the motivation.  So far though it's mostly ok.  I've made a few changes for things that made an obvious difference but for the most part I just have very little creativity or will power when it comes to food.  I'll be watching this one.
I haven't really had a problem with it so far.  I made some bad food choices last night really close to bedtime so I hope that's the cause.  Of course, it hasn't gone away yet.  I've been able to get some more sleep laying on my side on the couch but I still feel like crud.  My blood sugar has been way higher than normal all morning, and I keep having nasty tasting burps.  Good thing I've got nothing going on today, at least.
I'm so tired too, and I couldn't sleep last night from being so uncomfortable and horrible heartburn.  I get so thirsty at night, and then the water gives me heartburn, and then I can't sleep, and then since I'm awake I realize I have to pee.  It sucks.
  Yeah, with those numbers I am more than fine.  Some of what I was researching was saying you should be 120 after only one hour, which unless I'm eating like a bowl of grain I don't see happening for me.  My one hour numbers don't get higher than the 130s except for breakfast, and I'm working on that.  My two hour ones are good by anyone's standards.  Even if they're a touch high, I don't see them as being the culprit for a huge baby.  A baby Elsa's size is something you...
What's funny is I'm large chested and overweight, and I couldn't live without my Boppy.  I loved it, and it was perfect.  So definitely give different ones a try if you can.
Elsa will be almost 2.5.  I've tried talking about it and reading about it and such, but she just really has no concept of it.  I'm starting to feel pretty anxious about it.  I know it's not how it is, but sometimes I feel so guilty that I'm basically about to ruin her whole life, at least from her perspective.  Everything is going to change for her and I know how hard that is, and I'm almost 30.  The guilt is kind of overwhelming sometimes.  I'll lay with her in bed and...
I'm curious whereabout you're moving to as well, LizBiz, since I live in MI too.  :)   I don't have all that much going on.  I got the small diapers out of storage and got the changing table all re-organized.  Clothes are washed and put away.  I'll be putting the carseats into our second car once J brings it back from St. Louis.  I'll probably start picking things up for my hospital bag this week and getting it all together.  My house is pretty much clean all the...
Oh, that does suck.  :(   I'm very much set on doing everything I can to make a VBAC happen, but I'm trying to keep my mind open to the possibility that I may have to ask for a c-section if things go the way they did with Elsa.  I so hear you on the heavy handedness of the natural birth community.  If I hear "oh, don't worry, your body won't grow a baby so big it can't birth it!" I'm going to scream.  Sure, that's true the majority of the time, but it HAS happened to...
I used the Lansinoh disposable pads, but I got too many.  I really wasn't a leaker, and when I did it was only in the first six weeks or so.   I got Lansinoh cream for nipple care but didn't use it much.  I've used it more for other things since then.   I am on the lookout for nursing tanks too.  I had trouble finding any I liked because I have a big saggy belly and I need it to tuck into my pants or there's no point.   My bras are Bravado.  They're good...