or Connect

Posts by Ninetales

Since at this point it's unlikely we'll get any new members, I wondered if everyone was wanting me to make the group closed?  I don't know if it will make people more comfortable regarding using our babies' names or posting pictures or anything like that.  Plus, not that we've had too terribly much but it would cut back on spam posts.   Yay/nay?  Thoughts?
I don't know about anyone else, but I've found breastmilk clears up the baby acne like *that*.  I express a little onto my finger and dab it on the bump and it's gone within hours.  Works on when they scratch their little faces too.   The thrush is under control I think.  It's gone from his mouth and almost gone from his diaper area.  I'm beyond ready to get back to the cloth diapers, though.  It's funny, whenever I have to use disposables it's nice for about four...
Great story!  I know what you mean - it's so easy to think you'll be all tough and stand up for yourself, but when you're there it's a lot harder than you think.  They tested Oscar quite a few times too.  My OB had told the hospital team that we expected a supersize baby and there wasn't any concern for his blood sugar, and said she saw no reason for more testing if the first one at birth came out ok, which it did.  When she was on call again a few days later I told her...
We are also tandeming but I have to admit I don't love it.  It's definitely not the sweet ethereal experience a lot of people described to me.  It's kind of annoying.  Maybe because I know she only wants it because he has it.  After I dried up around 22 weeks she didn't seem to care at all that it was gone.  Luckily she only goes a minute or two and gets bored so I don't fight it.  I focused more on teaching her to ask politely and no more grabbing at me or demanding...
Oscar finally pooped this morning.  Twice, actually.  I've never been so happy to see a blowout.  Since it looked completely normal I'm going to let it go and enjoy the fact that I get to deal with poop on a weekly basis.  From him, at least.  His sister is still a hardcore pants filler.   I don't know if I mentioned the doctor found thrush at his well visit as well as diagnosing what I thought was contact rash with yeast rash.  No fun.  I got off easy with one pill...
I gained 38 total.  About two weeks postpartum I'd dropped 18.  I haven't checked recently.  Seeing as how the kid was 13.5 on his own you'd think I'd lose more than that just from birth.  I'm being a slob during this early period but I think I may look into something structured like Weight Watchers.  I need to make some serious changes and it's cheaper than therapy.  I'd really like to be able to ride roller coasters again by next summer.
We sleep kind of funny.  We have a king size mattress and a twin size mattress pushed against each other on the floor.  J sleeps in the corner in the normal orientation, head at the head, and feet at the feet.  Elsa, Oscar, and I sleep perpendicular to him, with our heads pointing toward him and our feet out to the side.  Kind of like a big E.  This way we get maximum space, and he doesn't get kids rolling all over him (though once he finally moves to third shift that...
My cats don't seem to give two hoots.  The big bitchy one had a real problem when Elsa was born, but once she was mobile all the food and litter boxes got moved to the basement, so she mostly just hangs out down there now.  She only comes up when things are quiet.  The little one is exactly the same as he was.  He never had a problem the first time, though.  He's not fazed by anything really.  He was fostered from birth in a house with dogs, cats, kids, about anything...
All things considered, I think we're doing pretty well.  Elsa seems to love him very much.  She's always wanting to kiss on him and hug him.  It seems like she's always wanting to hold him and get up in his face and whatnot.  She clearly needs more attention that I'm able to give her right now and it's killing me that I can't.    She also gets frustrated easily and is prone to throwing fits.  That could easily be her age, though.  Sleeping isn't really bad overall,...
So, I have a poop issue. Oscar's never been much of a pooper. Since the beginning he's only done skid marks or maybe dime sized liquid poops every few days, with a big one once a week or so. The doctor says he's not constipated and that this is just his normal. But it's so weird to me. With Elsa every change was poop for the first few weeks. Oscar hasn't done a decent poop since last Friday or maybe it was Saturday. Everything I've looked at says it's "normal" after...