or Connect

Posts by flipsforfun

To the OP, I read this and feel your pain and fear – it sounds like you have tried to do everything right and did your research. As the mom of a (vegan) 16 month old, I had to do mine too, and get plenty of criticism from well meaning but ignorant family members. I also have a hard time getting mine to eat enough fat, or even eat enough period. This seems to go in spurts. However, he is in the 45th percentile for weight and met all of his milestones just fine, and...
Has anybody had silver nitrate treatment? How did it work for you, and what exact symptoms did you have? I'm 10 mos pp after having third degree tearing, and it is still sensitive to the touch... Not to mention sex, it's very painful inside but that's a differen issue, I suppose. Anyway, just wondering how silver nitrate has worked for others - I haven't found anything on the net about it. Thanks for any info!
So the UCLA gymnastics team is too awesome for words. Each team member took the time to send me a Christmas card this year! I always go to their intrasquad meets and this time, I don't want to show up empty handed. I would like to bring a yummy treat for them to eat afterwards. Their first real meet of the season is coming up, so it can't have anything bad in it. I would like it to be vegan and super yummy. Any ideas?
These might just be the best cookies I've ever had. EVER. And they're vegan to boot. CHOCOLATE CHIP & PEANUT BUTTER OAT COOKIES* * Ingredients:* 1 ½*cups unbleached flour ½ cup rolled or old-fashioned oats ½ tsp. baking soda ½ tsp. salt 1 cup light brown sugar ¼ cup non-hydrogenated vegetable shortening ¼ cup canola oil ¼ cup peanut butter (natural style works fine) 1 Tbsp. egg replacer powder (Ener-G egg replacer works well) 1 tsp. vanilla extract 1 cup...
So I was having a hard time pumping today at work... My little monkey boo needs at least six ounces and after an hour and a half, I was only at five. Feeling frustrated, I resorted to some holiday cheer and changed my facebook status to "pumpity pump pump, pumpity pump pump, one more ounce to go..." my friends and I all got a good laugh, and that last ounce did finally come! Thought someone here might get a smile out of it too
Thanks ladies! I hadn't even thought of avocados, and that last link is very informative
Hi ladies! So my little guy is almost six months old and I want to give him only the very best! He's been exlusively breast fed so far (vegan momma!), and I will continue to BF for quite awhile... What one or two foods should I start introducing? Doc said rice cereal - what brand do you like? Which veggie or fruit should I start with?
Thanks for the reply . Well, I figured it out when I was pumping at work. I poured the two bottles into a milk bag and saw such a big difference in the consistency. There is no pain, but on the watery side, I only pump about a third as much as the other side. My son is five months old and doesn't sem to mind at first, but gets frustrated after awhile - I would guess bcause the milk has stopped flowing. I would say that you are right in that the hindmilk is not coming...
So the milk out of my left breast is normal, and milk from the right is super watery (and much less plentiful.). Is this ok? Normal? Thanks for any answers!
Hi all, Everytime I entertain, I end up spending way too much $ buying ingredients to cook good vegan party food. This time, I just can't afford it, and the guest list is getting pretty long with non-veg guys who like to eat a lot. What are some cheap things I can get / cook that they would like? It's a surprise party for my hubby, so I won't have a lot of time to cook... Thanks for any ideas!!