or Connect

Posts by jm+3

Hi  Thanks for your reply.  My children are currently in 4th, 1st, and preschool.  It would most likely be for next year that I would be enrolling them.
Hi! :) I used to live in Anchorage and we are planning a move back.  Except this time I have school aged children.  What can anyone tell me about the schools in Anchorage?  I am familiar with the fact that there are public, private, optional, and charter.   How hard is it to get into the optional and charter schools?  What public schools have a good reputation?  Anything would be appreciated, THANKS! -J
Thank you to everyone!!!!  And I see it's abbreviated ABQ, not ABX.  I'm not sure where I got ABX from, lol!!!  
Hello, I'm a mom of 3.  My children are 2, 5, and 8. I'm looking for as much info on ABX and SF as possible.  I found a website called SataFe Children that has a lot of resources but I can't seem to find something similar to that for ABX.      We are looking for alternative public (charter, community, or progressive) schools with heavy parent involvement, learning through experience, and learning outdoors as much as possible.  I'm looking for info on neighborhoods...
Thank you very much for the responses!! So am I understanding right that there ARE anxiety meds that are safe while breastfeeding??? Several doctors have said no....hmmm. Can anyone tell me some examples? I should add that I'm currently out of town for the summer so the doctors I've spoken with recently are new to me and I don't want to get too involved in therapy because I'm moving again soon. Could I ask my childrens pediatrician about safe meds? He's a naturopath?...
I have anxiety and panic attacks and I'm struggling with how to deal with it. I have 3 kids ages 6, 3, and 9 months. My husband is deployed right out of basic so he has been gone for 1 year and a half so far (we still have more to go). I have panic attacks over health issues, some real health problems that I'm dealing with but some are fears of something happening to me, my husband, or my kids....like a terminal illness or debilitating disease. I've had generalized...
Hello, would anyone care to share opinions about New Hampshire? I'm concerned with the Concord area and anywhere within an hour of there. Preferably anywhere from Concord to the Portsmouth, but I would really love to broaden my search. I know I really love Portsmouth so anything similar would be great! I have 3 kids with one in public elementary school, one that is 3 and will start preschool, and one infant. We also have a 78lb dog so if anyone knows of dog...
Quote: Originally Posted by gus'smama Have you asked Erin and Katherine who they recommend as back ups? I think they have a good relationship with the OB practice at Copley in Morrisville, and would likely point you in that direction if you need to change to OB/hospital care during pregnancy. That or Gifford, depending on which side of Montpelier you're on. yeah, i'm sure i will talk to them about it more in the future...but the reason i'm...
I suppose I should elaborate, I'm currently going to Gentle Landing midwifery for my prenatal care, but if for some reason my pregnancy doesn't allow me to have a home birth I would like to have an idea of what I would be in for at CVMC. Your response to that makes me feel better, thanks! And I'm debating still what to do about a pediatrician. Your response to that was very helpful, because we co-sleep, delay vacc, and extend nurse. SO Plainfield has been supportive?
oh, i didn't even think about plainfield for pediatricians! i was there for the first time last week, i took my son there for a dentist appt. is there anyone there specifically that you like?