or Connect

Posts by fazer6

Ithappened in Spain they'll hand stuff out easily, and you can get loads of stuff here over the counter. I remember someone telling me you could get some pretty strong codeine based painkillers without a prescription. If you ever need anythning and it costs a bit there let me know. Things seem way cheaper over here. That's the arse with Switzerland and one of the reasons I didnt chose to go there for my year aborad. No european health cover, arse. How far is it to get...
Your maternity pay sounds like mine. I get the state pay which was 832 for only 16 weeks which is a bit of a shame, but then again you can't chose a cheap place to live and expect the same high benefits as the UK. If I was at a company it would have no doubt been more. But I was happy with that as it was technically a payrise!   Those property prices are insane.  Down here 500,000 would get you an amazing villa with a pool, decent amount of land, large...
Interesting. So they can fit close enough to hold it in place then. I knitted a spare ribs shoaker but my son was 18 months or so at the time and so to be honest he was not a fan of the idea. I didn't really get a chance to try it out properly. Oh I have loads of prefolds. My mum got me 2 of the small 12 packs, and I got a lod more of the size 2 and some more size 1's 2nd hand. We haven't used them really for daytime use since DS was 12 months (in the house he had...
IH that is rough fancy making you give up your US citizenship. That's crazy. My grandfather had to give up his Zimbabwean citizenship to get UK citizenship, but that was way back when there was a whole lot more politics involved in the 2 countries. So you've got your normal residency now then? I guess that means you get the wonders of healthcare and all that fun. Do you get any maternity pay? I get 16 weeks and it'snot that bad especially as I'm self employed. YOu get 9...
I got my wonderoo pockets from babykind.co.uk in the bargains section. They have some new style ones with a faulty crossover poper. When they were heatsealed the popper on the waist to go to the smallest setting didn't completely work so it sticks up a bit higher so doesn't fasten properly. So you either use a knife or something hot to melt a bit of the plastic, or don't use them on the smallest setting. I use those at night stuffed with a prefold. I had planned to make...
IH At what point would you ever be classed as a local? Would it be when you get residency or when you've lived there a certain length of time. I can see why they do that though. I'm fromthe Lake district where 2nd home purchasing has pushed up house prices. The hotel and catering staff could never contemplate ever buying a place, and rents are also sillly because of that. It's a bit shitty really, low income people living in a beautiful but expensive area.  At this point...
I'm quite large (30g) and can't be without underwires, I have not found a non underwired bra that actually supports me. But I live in a hot place so I have to have my boobs separate. I absolutly would hate them to be touching the skin underneath on my body, or touching each other. I really need support or I would sweat in summer. So after trying on loads of nursing bras, and finding out I'm a 30 not 32 so virtually no nursing bras are even made in my band size let along...
HAve a look on my flikr stream, the first page for my final belly pic with DS. Than have a look on fb at my isabel photos. She was 2lb lighter, but the back to back pregnancies meant my muscles had no strength and it all flopped out. I look back and wonder how i ever got out of bed each day! I think your first is always a neater bump as you in theory ahve the best stomach muscles. After that you never get round to exercising them enough so it's never the same as the first...
IThappened. We're all going to go through the rough ups and downs, if you don't get it out on places like this you will go insane. Everything seems so much harder when you're sick, and it doesn't take much more to make it seem even worse. Any news on the job situation or do the budget cuts make it unlikely? Although false hope is always better than no hope.   We're having fun with the bank to see if we can take over the mortgage for the place a year earlier than...
Yep same for me. If I was in the UK with the selection of biscuits cakes and cake bars I would put on more weight. I put on 4lb or half a stone when I go back for 3 weeks or more. The fruit is so tasteless that I tell my mum I don't want her to get me in fresh fruit and stuff as I really won't it eat, I want to stuff my face with cake! Then I come back here and eat my body weight in fruit that actually has flavour. IT's all so cheap too it's easier to eat fresh than crap....