or Connect

Posts by fresh_veggie

Hi!  I'm Lisa, and currently a wannabe :)  BF and I have no kids yet, just 2 big dogs...currently, he owns a restaurant that he is tied to for 2 or so more years.  He owns a 30 ft trailer that he pulls with his truck.  We'd like to hit the road in summer of '14, and we're just saving up until then.  I'm going to school for massage therapy that also includes shiatsu, reiki, energy healing, and different types of massage.  We'd love to head up to Alaska our first trip...
You simply cannot know how Paragard will affect you by asking OTHER people.  You can hear all the answers in the world, and you still may be different.  You just have to take the plunge and find out for yourself.   Mine were NOT regular.  They were a nightmare.  And I never get "side effects" - but not like that matters either, because you can get side effects from something and it has nothing to do with any other device/drug your are prescribed that you might've or...
No advice, but it sounds like you're on a good path so far.   It amazes me that she thinks that was the flu...flu is fever, cough, runny nose...basically a bad cold.  "Stomach flu" doesn't really exist in the way people think it does, and a flu shot dang sure as heck won't protect you from "Stomach flu."  Children are the ones who vomit when they get the flu, almost always.  *head desk*
Thanks for the heads-up.  I knew it could cause gastro-intestinal distress in some people in larger quantities, I guess this might be why?     ETA:    I looked into this.  That's not true.  It isn't known because there aren't any studies, and there is overwhelming evidence on the contrary since it improves health in so many other ways.  I'm sure if people were having the same response to xylitol as they had to even mild antibiotics, it would have been addressed by now, as...
I need to sub this thread, I haven't been on in a few days, but hugs to everyone.  You are all so strong even if it doesn't feel that way sometimes.  Hang in there, and zebra, so sorry for the e-mail rejection :(.  My husband got rejected (he's almost done with his degree - he's 26) for a server job at applebee's this summer, and looking at the current staff I could not believe it.  I think the over-qualification scares employers because they think you might be out to...
I just bought xylitol (cavities) and apparently people make candy with xylitol.  I'd google that if you're interested - xylitol is very safe as far as I know in small quantities, doesn't spike blood sugar, and protects teeth by confusing and killing cavity-causing mouth bacteria.  Tastes great too, I add it to my water in the morning for the protective effect (and I'm not a sweet-tooth person!).  Good luck!
I'm kinda snarky, but I'd just ask the people you hear spouting this what they think an endothelial lining is, or better yet, how about the effect of the molecular structure of saturated fats vs. trans fats and what happens during metabolism when said fats are exposed to the endothelial lining.  Trump their big words!  That's all it is!  My words are bigger, therefore my nutrition is better and TRUE!
My father in law is an attorney that does exactly those types of lawsuits (debt collections, etc.) If they are contacting you, they own the debt or they are acting on behalf of someone that DOES own the debt, so the call is not just something out of the blue. Going through the bankruptcy process is stressful and whatnot but if you go to court to work out the debts, the lawsuit can end sometimes in the positive for you guys, as well. If they get your settlement down to a...
Vegan for 4 years here, now I do the best of both worlds and just abstain from cruelly raised animal products devoid of nutrition.    Gotta say, this is a CRAZY vegan and there are none that I know of that think that crap!   Just like Traditional Foods research flies in the face of some research, we have to think that there is some opposing research on the opposite end that also does the same.   It blows my mind some of the things I've heard.   I've been...