or Connect

Posts by kathrineg

I have same thing including second degree tear ad super-fast pushing! Although I had forceps, too. At 5 weeks I am feeling better. Walked quite a bit today and didn't notice it at all. I poked my fingers in there and my vagina feels different and a little less roomy but other than that it all seems to be working okay. My OB checked at 2 weeks and I have no bladder or cervical prolapse. My stitches separated and my OB thinks that might be what I'm feeling, but I'm not...
Maybe this feeling is nature's way of encouraging you to gently wean or cut down on night nursings? I say this not to try to discourage you, but because I feel like you might have a situation where nursing is hurting your overall relationship. Is it a choice between being present and happy to interact with your son, or nursing on demand at night? If so, I know what I would choose, especially considering that he seems to be fine accepting alternate means of comfort, is...
Can you consult with an anesthesiologist ahead of time? They will know much more than the OB or chiro. Lots of advances in the epidural lately.
Oh no, smurfy! Who goes to someone's house postpartum and eats THEIR food? That's pretty backwards! I'd be annoyed too.
Yeah, unfortunately my little guy vomits and then screams, often waking himself up. He doesn't get a huge amount of sleep anymore. He didn't seem to be as bothered by the gagging/coughing/puking before but it's been getting worse in the last few days. Has anyone had a baby on antacids?
We've been getting that kind of gulping as well as coughing and projectile vomiting. It makes the nights really rough, so I hear you on that one.
My baby pops off at (almost) every let-down, too. It's really messy and at this point I've given up on keeping anything milk free. Our bedroom smells really grungy...blah. On an unexpected positive note, I got my period back today (!) and my supply is much lower, and it seems to be much easier for Sam to handle! Mixed blessing because I was hoping to be period-free for a while, but I'll take what I can get.
I understand the resentment from the child who was created using surrogacy, because unlike adoption (which is the reaction to an unexpected event), you would be purposefully choosing to create a situation in which a child would be taken from its mother. I also personally find the terminology that labels a person as a "gift" to be objectifying. I know that it is meant with love, but I think it dehumanizes the child--a gift doesn't have connections, feelings, attachments,...
I am breastfeeding but I really hate it. I suspect I have D-MER because I feel really irritable and angry right when I start feeding. Ten minutes in, I'm fine...but I really dread the feeling. I've given him a few bottles of EBM and it's amazing how much more bonding/pleasant I feel towards him when I don't have that feeling. So, if I can get a good freezer stash and respond well to the pump so I'm not on it 24/7, I might try to switch to primarily pumping. Anyone try...
Yes! It was the right choice.I was in labor from Thursday night and went to the hospital around midnight on Saturday 8 cm dilated, so a similar length of time. I had a stop-start labor pattern and was able to get lots of sleep, and I was still insanely tired and in serious need of IV fluids. My baby also went into serious distress pretty soon after we got there, I think he was exhausted too.I can't imagine if I'd been having regular contractions that whole time! You did a...