or Connect

Posts by mamassong

I'm in the same boat, what I'm doing right now is just missing my last few appts. with the OB. I'm just going to sort of not call until after the baby is born. ??
Hi! My 4 yo (just turned in Dec.) loves arts and crafts supplies, dress up clothes, dolls. She wears dress up clothes more often than regular clothes and does a craft every day, sometimes 3 or 4 times a day. Paint, play doh, glitter and glue, markers, crayons, scissors, she loves it all.
Quote: Originally Posted by marisa724 I actually got one of these last year for DS on the Amazon toy clearance (so... very very cheap!) While I agree with you that it's sort of lame, DS figured out a good way to use the pen itself. I loaded the books on there and he listens to the story without the book while he's lying in bed about to fall asleep. (He particularly enjoys the Star Wars one, but Star Wars anything goes over big around here.) I bet...
we received a TAG reading pen and book. I really hate the idea of this. I also hate that it cost so much, and they could have purchased $40or whatever in regular old books that would have gotten much use, rather than the one book (happened to be Cat in the Hat, which of course we already have) and plastic battery talking thing. My four year old DD used it once. We all learned how to read fine without a wand to help us out. I enjoy reading with my LOs and helping them...
Kelly- Hi! We have the same due date. Where in MI are you? I'm in SE MI, Macomb County
Still doesn't feel real to me yet, either. I haven't heard a heartbeat or had an u/s. A few times I wanted to go out and buy more pee stick tests, but I didn't cause it wasn't really worth dragging the two kids to the drugstore. I keep having to tell myself, you did not make up all the nausea, vomiting, going to bed at 8pm and sleeping through til 8 am, etc! My husband and I are talking about names, about things we would like to get foe the baby, my four y o talks...
I would love to make this! I'm sorry I missed the last one.
Hi! I'm in MI too. I'm in Macomb County now, but I just moved here from Oakland. Around Royal Oak. I grew up in Mt. Clemens though. I'm also 23. I don't know if you are even in SE MI, haha, its just cool to see other people in my area. I hope all is well with you and your pregnancy. I'm sorry to see that your DH is away. Good luck w everything.
I second the PP who said she does a lot of explaining. I'm working really hard to unconditionally parent (I feel like its a journey), and I spend a lot of time talking about why, and how we may not have enough time, etc. When, like in your example of giving the toy back, then having milk, I could see that as re-directing. Especially if your child is younger. This has been happening with my DD, and I tell her we have to leave the toy there, so it will be there the next...
Hugs. My dd is almost 4 and for the past 6 months I've felt like all I do is gently remind her to ask nicely, speak nicely, etc etc etc. On and On and ON. I feel like a broken record. I have lost my patience more than a few times at the end of a long day, or when I'm in too much of a hurry, trying to get out the door on time for things. I've sighed very loudly, said "I'm so frustrated", I've cried too. She has repeated all of these behaviors, so I'm reminded to...