or Connect

Posts by RJones1204

wonderful suggestions! is it sad (and yet great) that all of these are new concepts to me?! 
If its not a million times a day and you are redirecting by giving him something else fun to do, then how is that bad? I don't think its negative at all. Negative would be saying it in a mean voice and giving him nothing else to do.
That is such good simple advice. Joy is such a bright child, I do think she could understand a conversation like that. She loves cooking shows with a passion. She'd love to cook. I'll ask her what she might like to make. 
My daughter is a night waker too! She turned 3 last month. DH and I are all for a good nights sleep (our 2 week old even loves her sleep!). So at this point in life, DD just comes to sleep on the floor. It has been wonderful. It comes down to her feeling safe and secure. She has just developed a vivid imagination and has begun to be afraid of the dark. She might be 3 and seem like more of a "big kid" but she still really really needs both DH and I. Keeping that in mind...
In a nutshell, we are brand new to Gentle Discipline in our home. I REALLY regret choices we have made in the past with our children and want to rectify things for a healthy future and family. For instance saying things like "there is no reason to cry" (feeling stuffing..not addressing LO's feeling and helping them work through it) or not working with LOs through temper tantrums. Instead DH and I would get upset and automatically do time out. I don't want to be the...
Has this happened to anyone else pretty early? My prenatal check at 34 weeks said I was measuring 31wks. The midwives felt around and said baby's head was engaged really low, hence the small measurement. Then I just had my home visit yesterday at 36wks on the dot. I am still measuring 30-31wks. But the baby feels bigger and my uterus felt fuller the midwives said. They are guessing 5+lbs right now. Her head is sooo very low. Anybody else continue to not grow in fundal...
Do you have an OB/ Gyn now that would cover you in case of a transfer? I would take a tour of the hospital too and put his mind at ease (assuming that your other two LOs weren't born there already anyhow). Have him sit down with you and write out a birthplan in case of transfer. Include him in these decisions and maybe he will feel in a little control too.
Great job on having a big healthy boy!!! Some babies need extra help. Homebirth doesn't create a bubble of safety, when a baby is born and genuinely needs help. Your not crying or feeling blue about nothing. You have a legitimate reason to feel down and relive your birth. You had a loss of sorts.....the loss of an ideal situation after LO arrived. Every mama wishes she could just cuddle her new baby in bed and stay there for days. It will take you time to work through...
I should clarify some things. Dh and I thought originally we would only be staying in this state (CO) and moving back east (OH) in April. MW and I worked out a fee that would cover prenatal care until that time and I would be moving back and getting care from the MW who assisted with my last two babies (in OH). So I came to her and told her last week "we aren't moving...how does July look for you?". She was genuinely happy that she could continue my care and would be...
I am due July 2nd, my MW will be out of town like the 10th for a week or something like that. I went two weeks over with my son (2nd pregnancy) and had my daughter (3rd pregnancy) on her due date. I do NOT go early. My due date is the soonest I have ever had a baby. My MW wants to use castor oil if I haven't started labor by a few days after my due date! I don't like that idea. I have no issue trying castor oil a week or so past. But not directly after my due date. And I...