or Connect

Posts by frolick16

Update!  I just accepted a position on a GI/GU floor.  As it usually is in nursing when your the new Rn the hours available are the less desirable.  I will be doing 3 12 hour shifts on night.  I am so glad to have a job at a great hospital, one of the few still working in black, great opportunities will come from me being an employee there.  They offer great benefits, pay, and tuition reimbursement.  I would love to hear stories of how others made these hours work in...
I just accepted a position as an RN that will entail 3 12 hour shifts a week...I have a soon to be 18 year old, a 12 year old, a 7 year old and a 1 year old...The kids go to their dad's house every other week with the exception of the one year old who would be with me all the time.  I am looking into having a friend come in and do the asleep overnight with a ride to school for the 12 year old...sleep, how and when?  Reimbursement for overnight care??? And have you...
Do you know how I can find out more info about these types of positions?  Thank you so much for the suggestions!     Also, does anyone know how TANF works? And how you qualify?
Do you have any information about how I can sign up or apply for these types of things.  I would greatly appreciate any help you can give!!!  Thank you!
So I just passed the NCLEX and am now a registered nurse, feeling a little frustrated at the lack of positions for new nurses.  (FYI, there is NO nursing shortage, I repeat...)  Unfortunately, because I just graduated from nursing school no one else will give me a chance for other positions that I am qualified for such as being a CNA or PTCA.  I am driving an unsafe, one thing breaking down after another car.  I promised my kids after nursing school things will change,...
I took the NCLEX yesterday, the test stopped at 75!  Peliminary results say passed!  I have a feeling taking and passing the NCLEX will be easier than getting a job!  I have been forcing my step-father to approach the DON's of the hospitals he works at to land me interviews.  What I am finding out is that just because a position is advertised does not mean the hours actually exist.  By law facilities have to interview for jobs every so often...so, I am taking the EKG...
I am still looking have had a job offer IF I pass boards and then IF the job is approved...I am keeping myself in the mindset with EKG classes, phlebotomy classes and studying for the test next month.  Thanks for the encouragement.  It is tough out there!
I am a new nurse grad (May 6th) with ten years experience working as a CNA, I am also a professionally trained Doula...I worked when I could, school and my desire to do well made working difficult oh yes and the four kiddos , I am starting the accelerated BSN program at my school in August.  I am also taking an EKG theory class this summer to bolster my understanding of cardiac A&P and to bolster my resume...the nursing job market is super competitive and super tight...
Thank you for the encouraging words.  I am in the accelerated BSN program and start in August.  I know that employers are using BSN as one more way to chose one nurse versus another, despite there being no pay grade advantages in this area.  I would tell anyone going into nursing now if it is mainly a job security choice, chose differently.  I have heard many December graduates had to wait months for jobs and in this field you are aged out as a grad and not hired without...
Double Ugh!  Thank you for your kind thoughts.  I just am so aware that anytime there is a "shortage" we quickly work to assure that does not happen and now all these studies show that nursing schools are OVERPRODUCING students.  I have applied for CNA positions and anything else I could do that will keep me in the field, including Psych and LTC. At this point my plan is literally to continue on until I am either hired, an NP or PA or nobody is going into nursing anymore...