or Connect

Posts by AngeliqueW

mamafern, I hear you on the hibernating. I find that when I have committments outside of the house, it helps keep me moving inside too. artparent, I will pm it to you when I get a chance. I meant to tell you ladies- last week we got a free washing machine! woot! I am loving it, drying everything on a rack, doing a load each day, no huge pile to lug to the laundromat! It's funny because DH has been working on a prevailing wage project where he makes much more than...
artparent- I could translate the abbreviations into a narrative for you if that helps but you'd need to know the stitches: chain, slip stitch, double crochet, half-double crochet, and treble crochet. 1jooj- It sounds really tricky balancing work and home. When I'm gone all day for midwifery classes (2-4 days a month) it takes me two days afterward to catch up. You must be great at your job for your boss to be really flexible. I hope it works out for you. Welcome...
1jooj- Do you know how you hold your knitting needles? I ask because my mom is a knit fanatic and she learned "English" and knit that way for 50 years. Her arthritis bugged her a lot. Along the way she had seen someone knitting really fast holding the needles differently. She told my mom it's called "Continental." As a creature of habit, my mom got very frustrated trying to learn a new way to do something she had done for so long and stuck with "English" until her hands...
Awesome Heather!!! I love the frugal budget, I think it makes you be more creative! That pantry is great: pantry envy!!! Those padraig slippers are really nice. I like the idea of crocheted tops on leather bottoms. They definitely trigger my "I could make that" reflex. The trick is to turn "could" into "would."
Hooray for the cleaning and decluttering Mamas! Now come to my house! ktg- Who are you doing your doula training with? I'm doing a workshop with ToLabor (formerly ALACE) in March! We are a shoes off household- our reason being an equal measure of foot health and floor cleanliness. I wear slippers inside and love having cozy feet. Outdoor footwear is too hard hot heavy to wear all the time. In winter I bring slippers to other people's houses too. People appreciate when I...
Thanks onlies for voicing your satisfaction! It helps. We're happy to be 3 right now. That's all we need to know for a while!
Good questions earthnut. You really got me thinking. For me being a homemaker means attending to the majority of the cooking, cleaning, childcare, laundry etc- but doing so in an intentional systematic way. Making an art of things others might see as drudgery. I really like the idea of practicing everything- being present in the moment and giving your full intention and best effort to the task at hand. When I am able to achieve this state, I enjoy everything, even...
Happy New Year!!! I'd love to hear everyone's midwifery goals for 2010. I'm hosting a Birth Circle this month! NNR in February. Doula Training in March. Working on an article on midwifery for a magazine. Graduating from The MMA Basic Course in June. Looking to start an apprenticeship this Summer! Also ready to start teaching CBE & FAM and start doula-ing this Summer. It's going to be a great year! Woot!!!
Congrats jboo7506! DH and I are still waffling a little. We know we're not ready now. We really want to give DS all we can. We understand that all of the judgements of onlies are BS. The thing that keeps niggling us is that EVERY only we know wishes for a sibling. We don't have to decide today, thank goodness, so we're still thinking only one for now. If things change in the future, who knows?
Welcome to the newbies! Quote: Originally Posted by _ktg_ Did I say scared... I meant terrified Angelique too bad you didn't live closer as I would take sewing lessons from you in a heartbeat! I taught myself from patterns and books. I'm no expert, but I can assemble basic things. I think it's my willingness to completely screw up and start over that has gotten me this far. Quote: Originally Posted by Karenwith4 I figure...