or Connect

Posts by AngeliqueW

In a nutshell: Toxins are stored in fat. Fat is converted into breastmilk. We've been nursing 10 months and I'm 6 lbs less than my pre-pregnancy weight. I could still lose another 15-20 lbs to be healthier. Should I try not to lose any more weight to avoid dumping a lifetime of accumulated toxins into my son?
While you are not going vegan, you can get some good advice on how to be dairy-free and delicious recipes from them. www.vegfamily.com www.vegweb.com
We had this battle for a while. One night, when it got me really frustrated, I put ds to bed with mittens on. It worked. We're going to make nursing necklaces at our LLL meeting tomorrow, so we'll see if that helps too.
Another argument for home birth, IMHO!
What about using your quilting skills to make small multiples, assembly line style? Finger puppets and stuffed animals come to mind at the moment... Check out etsy.com and market yourself like crazy. Create your own "brand," maybe test the waters in niche markets like vegan, organic, etc. In addition to craft fairs, you might do well at a farmer's market. Or a boutique? It's easier to make money teaching classes in a highly populated area. If you do move to the...
Yes and No. Leaders can model discreet (whatever that means) breast feeding as a "how to" if that's asked for. They can also model whatever works for them to show that there's no "right way." At my LLL group I find all of the other moms are discreet out of modesty and aren't waving their breasts around like topless dancers or stripping nude. This is one of those false debates. Even if you have your breast up over your shirt, the baby's mouth covers your nipple and...
Here's the body of the email I sent to MSNBC, I urge others to send feedback as well: Shame on you! In your article you said of rickets: "In the baby’s case, the condition was most likely caused by breast-feeding. Mothers often do not pass enough vitamin D to their babies from breast milk, which is why most pediatricians suggest vitamin D supplements, especially for breast-fed infants." Breast feeding does not cause rickets. Our modern lifestyle- indoors too much-...
Great discussion ladies! For me discretion implies hiding. I stopped when baby got big enough to yank the blankie around 2 months old. By then I was experienced enough to feel comfortable latching etc. Sometimes I'm shy about displaying my gut, but baby covers most of that without trying! I never feel shy about exposing my breasts but sometimes people's reactions are ridiculous. My father in law is the worst with milk and boob jokes. I feel I should set an example by...
I've been there too. Unplanned, scared, the whole deal. I also have a long history of depression and was worried about PPD. I'm going to shoot you straight here: I decided that I could not abort and would do everything in my power to do things right for this baby. For me, my pregnancy was really difficult under those conditions. I was depressed and anxious and that was a cloud over the whole time. The labor was long and hard and exquisitely painful. I loved him at...
I'm new to the Berkshires and looking to connect with likeminded mamas. I love this site!