or Connect

Posts by AngeliqueW

I like the idea for reusable party decorations. Don't be scared of your sewing machines ladies! Find a project that gets you excited and figure it out as you go. If you mess up, that's good because you're learning. Basic sewing is much easier than people think. I'm getting jealous of all you knitters. Not jealous enough to knit... some day. I do have a sweater I'd like to crochet that I need to pick up yarn for. I need to do another top to bottom cleaning around here....
Merry Christmas Mamas! Carolling at church last night was lots of fun. Having a nice quiet day today. Played in the snow. Now DS is napping on my lap. Bliss!
I am loving this grazing idea. We're doing an easy dinner friday- a pot of quinoa and a pan of roast veggies and salad. That still leaves breakfast and lunch though... DH will probably do breakfast (if I ask) and I think I'll make soup for lunch. Not too hard on Mom. 1jooj- you have my sympathies. DH is the same way unless I stand in front of him and say, "Hey, remember me? I'm a person. I need a break!" Today I walked to the post office with DS on my back in the blowing...
OMG! I have one busy week away from the thread and come back to a bunch of new posters and 3 pages of a new thread! Hooray! I'm back! Welcome everyone! It was fun reading all of your goals for the new year. We're buying a house this Spring ($8,000 tax credit!) so that is a big life goal to achieve. That will mean prepping for a garden and doing lots of home related chores (painting, curtains, and beyond!). I'm hoping to have a craft room to facilitate more creative time....
The opposite of String Theory is probably Creationism.
Hi Ladies. I've missed you all. We're halfway through this crazy month! The fun stuff: made pasta angels with the kids at church, made a paperchain of old greeting card fronts, made cards to mail out. Went to midwifery class & got to feel bellies and listen to heartbeats. Going to an herbs workshop Saturday. Making gifts with the kids at church on Sunday. Busy Busy! Safe trip Artparent! Welcome Sunnylady! I'm scared of the ram too 1jooj! Rock On Ladies!!!!
Thinking of you ladies. This month is so busy for us. I don't know what we were thinking, but we overextended ourselves big time. Now we just have to power through it. We have classes, meetings, appointments, and volunteer work scheduled for almost every day. DH and I both said Yes to everything that came our way and now we are looking at the calendar like deer in the headlights. Holidays, what holidays? Who has time for holidays?
I made a mitten! It's a prototype- the thumb is too tight so I'll tweak the pattern. I'm so excited! I'm going to make some fleece socks too for when DS goes out to play in the snow. Thanks for the encouragement artparent. I made a yummy veggie soup last night for DH's lunches. Dinner was stuffed spaghetti squash that was a very successful experiment. I think I'll do a stirfry with a garlic ginger sauce tonight. We're still eating too much grains. Slowly figuring out how...
...So I posted on here about how I wish I had time to be creative... Last night I sewed some snaps onto longjohns for DH (he doesn't like when the flap opens and his "parts" get chilly) and it felt so good to sit and sew for a few minutes. Not that snap sewing is terribly creative, but it felt good anyway. Then this morning at church the speaker was talking about the importance of making time in your life for creativity and not letting the dishes and other obligations...
Thanksgiving was Fabulous! There was so much delicious food at the potluck- there were over 100 people. Afterward we hiked the AT for an hour or so. And, when we got home, clean up took less than 10 minutes. This is the way to go! I did miss being with my family, but we're scattered far and wide these days. Glad to hear you're feeling better Katico. Those baby balls look so cute and simple, that sweater looks gorgeous, and you LO is precious! I am living vicariously...