or Connect

Posts by AngeliqueW

WindyCityMom- In my way of thinking, they're your husband's family, so it's his responsibility to set clear boundaries with them. You should not be in the position of the bad guy. And move as soon as possible!!!
Cristeen- This might be helpful. When DS was 10 days old he got sick, needed heart surgery, and couldn't nurse for days. My milk all but dried up until I learned about "Power Pumping." You pump for 20 minutes, rest for 20 min, pump for 20 min, rest for 20 min, and pump for 20 min. You do this cycle once a day in addition to whatever else you're doing. The idea is that it works like a growth spurt to increase your supply. I don't respond well to the pump either, but by...
Quote: Originally Posted by artparent ...i also don't think the bentonite etc. are good ideas, though i'll be looking for other ways to detoxify. ...it is miserable for me but i've just hit my version of rock bottom, when my skin and my tummy are more unhappy than it makes me to eliminate so many foods. Please do tell why you don't think the bentonite is a good idea. I'm at the same point of miserable enough for long enough that the diet...
Oh ktg! He set his hair on fire?! Yikes. Thank goodness it was minor. DS has been tearing the wallpaper off the walls in our rented apartment, so there goes my security deposit. It's hideous paper and peeling at all the edges (all the easier for a toddler to rip off) so DS is really doing the landlord a favor but I don't think it will go over to well when we move out. Vacuumed, swept, and mopped this morning. Making stuffed mushrooms and steamed brussels sprouts (from...
Does everybody celebrate Thanksgiving? Do you actually give thanks? If so, who/what are you thanking? We just sort of thank the Universe for things we're grateful for.
Here's a hug Katico. I feel your pain. There are definitely days when I feel like this and beat myself up too. The above posters are right, of course. And, those traditional women of the past lived in a much slower time- no ringing phone, no "must see TV," no long drive to work, no pressure to decorate every surface in your home until it looks like a page from Martha Stewart Living... Their lives were SIMPLE. How hard is it to keep a dirt floor clean? Let go of the guilt...
Quote: Originally Posted by Katico Please someone tell me that they are also woefully behind in holiday planning and shopping? You're supposed to have a plan?!?! You're supposed to shop? I guess there is a default plan that includes a little shopping. Usually I make cards, make something for DH and DS, buy a few small gifts (for nephews), and whip a creative idea out of nowhere at the last minute for my mom and MIL. Beyond that, I fight to...
I'm making progress on my cleaning campaign. DS does not make it easy, but I'm doing something each day and feeling accomplished. It took a week to get through a deep cleaning of the kitchen. Not that it was scary filthy- but one day I pulled everything down from the top of the fridge, cleaned the fridge up, out, and in. One day I did the pantry shelves and garbage area. One day was the cabinets... It's been slow but gratifying. I'm working on the living room which is...
pickles sauerkraut baked goods & sweets dried herbs sundried tomatoes sprouts sauces babyfood baked beans dinner from scratch every night...
[QUOTE=completebeginnings;14637381] Here is his montage: http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...b4&skin_id=601 QUOTE] Beautiful. Congratulations Mama.