or Connect

Posts by AngeliqueW

Quote: Originally Posted by bicyclingbethany I'm so excited to have found this thread! You ladies are so informative! I had been CTA for a couple years before I had my first baby and it worked great for me...but now I'm a little nervous, with signs being hard to distinguish while BFing and wow!- my cervix feels a lot different after having pushed out a baby! A whole new adventure in compulsive cervix checking... My thoughts exactly!...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KRISIS!!! Quote: Originally Posted by 1jooj You know, I don't hate the cleaning...what I do hate is the feeling of cleaning up after people...as in, people finish doing whatever, look at the mess and think, "no bother, she's going to take care of it." Exactly! DH plops a mess down and when I get all riled up he says, "I was going to do it later." Later means never. Quote: Originally Posted by MamaFern i...
I did a vaginal exam and venipuncture!!! And I got to see my own cervix! Midwifery Rocks!
artparent- I think of you when I do dishes! Your description (a while back in the thread) of spending time with your dishes and all the aspects of washing them really helped me to "be present" while I'm standing at the sink. The deep cleaning has begun! I'm doing something every day, working my way through each room. It feels so good! Never thought housecleaning would feel empowering. I love to crochet but have always been suspicious of knitting. Knitting just felt too...
Quote: Originally Posted by nerdymom Thanks for the ideas Angelique. I went ahead and made egg salad. I'm afraid if I did a bean and veggie sandwich I'd be taking the plate home with me. I am going to be playing with chickpeas next week though. I have a couple pounds of dried beans so throw any ideas out there for me if you want, thanks! I like to make chickpea tacos. They really soak up the flavor of the seasonings and have a nice texture. I...
*chiming in* There are underlying profit motives here: Researcher gets $$ to develop vax. Pharmaceutical companies get $$ to manufacture vax. Doctors get $$ to administer vax. Politicians get to look like they're doing something, "we fund research! We subsidize health care!" Who profits from health??? All of the above parties would be out of a job if the problem were Solved. So, they're not going to solve it! And, you're mincing words on what Science knows etc....
May I join you ladies? I charted for 3 years before we conceived DS. I'm still in lactation amenorrhea at 17 months post partum. I need to start really charting again (I've been charting on and off ) because we are not ready for another at this time. I'd love any insights you have on the return of fertility.
Not sure if any of you are still out there. Just wanted to say that I did check out that website APToddlerMama suggested and it did give me hope. I have really looked at my anger bananabug. DH and I have been working on things and have been generally happy. It feels a little like waiting for the other shoe to drop at this stage. I am waiting to see if this is just a honeymoon period or if we have made lasting changes. For now I am sticking with it.
I am staying home and DH is a carpenter. We rent. We don't eat out. I make everything from scratch (laundry soap, biscuits, xmas gifts...) that I can. We shop at the Salvation Army. We don't have cable. We share one vehicle. At times we have used WIC, Medicaid, fuel asstance... You get the picture. That is to say: It can be done. It is hard. There is a joy in it too. Do I dream of financial stability? Yes. I don't know what I'd do in your situation. I think I'd say,...
I've read about this (as I'm studying midwifery) a little. My understanding is that it can be a way to nurture the mother. Family and friends do the shopping, come by to cook and clean, offer general support. If, like many of us, you happen to live far from friends and family, this could end up feeling very isolating. Check out Rediscovering Birth By Sheila Kitzinger. Congratulations and good luck!