or Connect

Posts by AngeliqueW

If you like the Montpelier area, check out Hardwick. I's not too far and they're doing really great things there. You may be able to find land that's still affordable in the neighboring towns.
I do know how to make an amazing PBJ... Is hummus and sprouts too "crunchy"? I love a salad sandwich. Non vegan options: creamcheese and jelly BLT tomato and mozzarella What about wraps? You can fill them with anything.
Quote: Originally Posted by Landover By signing up for the aid itself you are, in fact, saying that you do not have, nor have you found a way to provide, adequate resources for your children. Is it such a leap for a social worker, who is paid by the state to help children, to think that your children may need more? This statement is seriously bleeping my radar! By signing up for aid- you are not admitting personal inadequacy. Saying "we need...
It's reassuring to hear other people working through their coping strategies, reexamining their food choices, scrambling to organize, seeking to nurture themselves. Being a SAHM has been very isolating for me (we moved far from family and friends while I was pregnant- except the in-laws which is a whole other story) and it makes me feel sane to see other women working through similar things. What a shame that balance seems so elusive, and yet hooray for all you women on...
Vishapmama- I feel like I end up being a UU pusher on this thread. I'm really not though! It's not for everybody and UU groups are not all the same. I do like the UU Church near me. It is lay lead and very accepting of a variety of beliefs. Some UU groups even choose to be a "fellowship" and abandon the church moniker. IMHO it's worth checking out. The worst that could happen is you feel like you wasted a couple of hours. As for other ways to tie your kids into a...
OK Ladies, I read through the thread and I love you all! I guess an intro is in order now: I'm a SAHM, studying midwifery. DH is a carpenter. I grew up poor and my mom taught us to pull miracles out of thin air by cooking with creativity, making everything yourself, and embracing free stuff. I went to school for Art and worked in a craft store for 5 years, so I'm uber-crafty (or at least I was before motherhood). My main outlets are fiber arts, needle crafts, beading,...
LCB- Each pregnancy and each child are different. If you decide to have a second the pregnancy could be a breeze and you could have a deep sleeping easy baby. Or- you could be horribly sick for 9 months and have a special-needs child who takes more energy and patience than you ever knew. Which is to say- when you feel like you're ready for anything, you're ready for another! I must confess that DH and I have started to talk about the possibility of a second. At first it...
Quote: Originally Posted by m.m.m. Questions for religion and kids...some of DS (7 years old)'s friends are religious. And talk of church. I think he's at the entirely wrong age to look into what might be right, etc. But one of the friend's moms says that it's not like that, they wouldn't push religion on him at all. That's all that would be discussed though, right? I think in his teens or at least closer to that age he might be okay to go and look...
OMG I'm so excited to have found you. How did I not know about this thread??? I'm still reading through to catch up (and taking notes!).
Susana- I'm sorry for your loss. I think it's great that your skipping the in-law's yawnfest of a gathering. I hope this Solstice season is full of meaningful togetherness and yummy food for you and your family.