or Connect

Posts by AngeliqueW

mamato3cherubs- Thanks for the kind thoughts. Awesome A in A&P- many people struggle through that course! Hang in there, it's worth it.
I don't know the answer to your question. Maybe you could ask this question on the birth professionals thread. They might have experience with this. I'm sending you a hug. It sounds like your docs were negligent. Best wishes on your dream of water birth.
Hugs and prayers. I often wonder if my father is dead. I hope you are able to process all of this and feel peace.
I'm not a vaccine expert. What I do know leads me to avoid them. However, in answer to your question about adults passing around diseases- Most of those adults did get vaxed when they were kids. Once you've gone through a full series of certain vaxs you are immune for life. So, most adults are still immune from their childhood vaxs. Also, they may have had the actual diseases as kids- like varicella (chicken pox) and have their own acquired lifelong immunity without...
Quote: Originally Posted by VeezieTG so how do you handle "outsiders" even if they're in you're extended family, and their running commentary on your role as an atheist parent? If they're outsiders, they probably don't know. We hide behind the smokescreen of the UU Church. Most people have no idea what UUs really are and are content to hear the word "church." Sometimes I lie. Like when DHs 90 yr old grandma asked if we were going to baptise...
Checking in: I'm still loving the MMA Basic Midwifery Course. I'm learning so much. My fellow students are so great to be around. We're meeting many of the practicing midwives from across the state. I felt a philosophical connection with one of the midwives at our last class. She is close enough to be a potential preceptor. There are other students who will probably be considering approaching her. How do I approach her? AND How do I keep things good with...
Another tip for leftovers: Keep a couple of containers in the freezer- one for soup, one for casserole. When there's leftovers like a handful of peas or a half serving of pasta, toss them into one of the containers. Even the odd scoop of chili or stir-fry can be transformed. These scrap soups and casseroles are some of our favorite winter meals. Water Saving: I hate to see so much water go down the drain when you turn on the faucet and you're waiting for the water...
Stock your kitchen with gently used tools and appliances: I keep a "Yard Sale Wish List" posted on my refrigerator. When I see an amazing recipe that calls for someting I don't have (pizza stone, small crock pot, etc) I add it to the wish list. This prevents me from running out to the store and impulse buying every kitchen gadget known to man. It also focuses my shopping during yard sale season. Every Spring I review the wish list, remove any items I have rethought, and...
I feel your pain mama...
Quote: Originally Posted by RollerCoasterMama I can tell you that THE MINUTE I made the final decision and committed to it, my depression got so much better! It wasn't easy. There's TONS of guilt! But it's what I've got to do. I think it's harder to leave when no one is the bad guy. I'm feeling the need to give a huge explanation to anyone that finds out and I just don't think that's necessary. I need to commit to it. I'm plagued by...