or Connect

Posts by AngeliqueW

I know someone will understand. Prior to conception, we successfully practiced fertility awareness for 3 years. DS is 15 1/2 months and we've stretched out lactation amenorrhea this far. I never imagined it would last this long! I've been charting- watching out for that sneaky first egg. You know what though? I'm terrified of getting pregnant. I'm so afraid that I'll ovulate without realizing it. I haven't wanted sex lately, and I know this is a big part of it. I...
Quote: Originally Posted by elliebean Thats great!...Im actually glad I'm not taking it this year because I dont have the $$$ but I will keep it on my radar. Are you apprenticing anywhere in MA? Not yet. I'm working on my studies right now. The class ends in June and DS will turn 2. I'm still charting my course KWIM? Not sure if we'll travel to one of the birth centers for a while. If I could raise the cash and convince DH to move to Texas for a...
Quote: Originally Posted by elliebean I just saw a "basic midwifery" course offered by the MASS midwives group here and I may sign up for that as well! I'm in the class right now and so far, it's really great. I believe registration is closed, but I would highly recommend the course. I don't think a new one will start up until next year. Congratulations on your apprenticeship! Quote: Originally Posted by Gunter i think my...
Quote: Originally Posted by tankgirl73 Okay here. I'm taking all this in before I respond more fully, and believe me I do appreciate all the comments, even those I disagree with. The more food for thought from all sides, the more likely I am to come to the right conclusion. You're on the right track. You certainly don't need to be lectured at. Here's a virtual hug. Hang in there mama.
If your child can get in & out of the toddler bed safely, they're old enough.
Do you do fertility awareness charting? I'm in the same situation as far as lactation amenorrhea goes (although I'm in no rush for another at this time). 15 mo DS nurses a lot at night. I started taking a class (which is 2 days a month) and spent the first full day (6:30a-8:30p) ever away from DS last week (before that we'd only rarely been apart for 2hrs at a time). My temperature went up, my cervix is high and firm, and I'm feeling "randy" so I suspect I'm ovulating....
One more thought: Please don't let this unfortunate accident be the defining moment of your son's childhood. It's a big deal and needs to be addressed, of course. However, I could imagine the harm to him if Every time he started getting a little excited he was reminded of the injured cousin, was made to feel like a menace or if it became one of those stories that got told and retold a thousand times. Don't let a teachable accident become a perpetual guilt trip. Relatives...
OP, My sympathies go out to you. This is tough. It seems like you're on the right track and have gotten a lot of good advice from PPs. One more idea- could you involve ds's gymnastics coach and martial-arts instructor in having a talk about body safety and mindfulness? Maybe they know exercises to train the skill of mindfulness. Instead of working against the carelessness, work for the mindfulness kwim?
Quote: Originally Posted by LucySomething Hi everyone, I'm in the process of deciding on a school and just can't seem to make up my mind. Any opinions? You might want to list your priorities in order of importance to you. Those might include affordability, structure, state recognition, help finding preceptors, philosophy etc... Then evaluate each program down the line. At some point, one program will stand out. And maybe everything will...
Quote: Originally Posted by Maggi315 The midwife puts her heart and soul into an apprentice and it's very difficult to do, to teach, you are forgetting that every apprentice I take, takes away from my kids, my family... This might seem like a really dumb question but how does having an apprentice take away from your family? I thought an apprentice would be helpful. I'm honestly looking to understand how it is for you (not being argumentative).