or Connect

Posts by maybebaby

We've done this...we moved from town to land my mom gave us. BUT we bought a used trailer outright, no mortgage...and we did *a lot* to it (well, dh did lol lots of wood, wood floors, wood exterior...) It's...different I love being in the country, having space and no mortgage payment. But it does take some getting used to...a double wide would be bigger than what we have so probably the space issue wouldn't be as bad as you think. We hear/feel the wind when it gets to...
We DID do it! We moved to a 1100 sf house; more than you mention, but we have two more kids And we only have 3 acres... It's not been bad, we've had to get creative with storage and got rid of loads of things we didn't need...but having no mortgage has been an absolute godsend. With dh just getting laid off, even moreso. Do it, you'll love it! More room in ahome is just more room to clutter up imo lol
Quote: I often hear the same thing right before one of my kids wake up. I figure I just have some sort of psychic connection to them. I can't remember where I read something similar, but it said sometimes your children can have out of body experiences during sleep and that if you hear them "call you" when they're asleep it's their spirits out and about and that you should "take" the spirit back to their sleeping body...sounds kinda kooky and weird,...
It sure is scary...I've stopped listening to the news as much. Just can't take it. My dh just got laid off last week...I'm not freaking as much because we have no (current ) debt and own our (also small lol) house. If we still lived in town, with a mortgage and car payments I'd probably need to be institutionalized at this point. As is, I'm worried but not overly so... I guess I'm more worried about friends and family right now... And as far as the layoff issues, my...
Uhhh lol I hope I don't totally freak you out but I had that same thing happen to me right before I got pg with our youngest dd I heard a little girl say "mommy" and I turned around, thinking it was my then 7 yr old, only to find out dd was upstairs with her door shut and hadn't called me. The voice was right behind me too, yet no one was there. Few mos later, I was pg. Unplanned of course lol (unplanned by us anyway )
It sounds like the problem she's having though, is getting the diagnosis to begin with. If you can't find drs willing to listen to you and take you seriously, that's a huge hurdle. Have you tried to get a referral to a Developmental Ped? If so, and if that didn't pan out...I'd second (or third, fourth? lol) getting in touch with your school district to have an evaluation done that way. I'm kinda in the same situation...it's almost easier (?) in a way with Lily because...
interesting. I stammer and trend toward Aspie too. I never thought about it being an oral motor issue...will have to try the gum chewing and see if that helps. I'm no help as I've found work arounds in my daily life...I tend to get stuck on words that start with vowels or "h" so I've just found ways to not use certain words so much. Last year we moved to a road that starts with an E so giving my address always causes a bit of anxiety. The other problem I have is that it...
Any good sites/stores to recommend? Lily has sort of flat feet and over pronates (I hope that's the right description lol she tends to have flat feet and walks on the inside of her foot to some extent) It's not so bad her doc will RX any orthopedic supports, so I'll be paying out of pocket. None of the kids shoes I'm finding have much of an arch, so I'm thinking an insert/support might be a good idea. Thanks for any info!! eta: if you have any shoe recommendations,...
Quote: Usually these things are said with the understanding that you CANNOT go back and change things, and while we are going through them we cannot see the good things that will come about through the bad I thought this was very wise (and I didn't even realize it was you K until I saw the names mentioned lol then I looked at your username ) For a long time I thought I was just dealing with things badly when I'd hear other moms of kids with Downs...
I've been doing this. Granted, I'm on cycle 45 iirc and I really know what my bod is doing each month. I have very definite o pains (they were *always* 2 days prior to my thermal shift) and a really good cm pattern. We also do use condoms as back up and we (unfortunately ) don't have frequent sex so all those things combined and it's safe for us I'd say it all depends on how well you know your own body and it's fertility signs and all...good luck!