or Connect

Posts by mamameg

Quote: Nah, you can come back any old time and just give yoruself a new user name.  Super accomodating, huh?    
I am really embarrassed for you, meemee.  If you want to know more about people, talk to them and get to know them like human beings.  There is no one size fits all when it comes to black people.  Branch out. 
If you don't trust someone to change your baby, do it yourself. Don't use your child and his diaper changes as a way to make the case against circ. If someone is watching you change him and they ask about it, then fine, talk about it. But I wouldn't allow someone to change him if I was worried about them retracting him. Your note is too long and I wouldn't read it if I was paying attention to the baby and not looking at the wall. That's a big risk you are taking for...
Quote: Originally Posted by lactatinggirl I just said I'm keeping them separated. you seem to be annoyed that people are thinking you are not doing enough, but the truth is, you aren't doing enough. the dog has bit your child more than once, and has also bit you and you are "getting a trainier". the second your dog bit your child the first time, you should have been on the phone calling around for and hiring a trainer. you seems to be dragging...
we went right to a twin bed with a snug tuck pillow on the edge for safety. there is a small gap between the bed and the wall (due to the frame) so my mom converted my old pregnancy pillow (snoogie, i think it was called) into a long bolster to fill the gap. with the bolster filling the gap, it made the bed large enough for me to sleep in the bed with DS while he was transitioning.
i agree it's young, but what can she do? she's obligated to her service. i believe keeping the rest of the child's life as consistent and familiar as possible is the best course of action. uprooting the child from the family, or uprooting the entire family for a month seems more disruptive and potentially traumatic. also, i don't know if you are familiar with military training, but they don't get too many "breaks" and they will NOT be sympathetic to the OP missing...
Quote: Originally Posted by KweenKrunch : I would personally figure out a way to avoid separation. Is there any way your husband could come and stay in a nearby hotel, and bring your daughter to you several times a day to nurse? If your husband isn't available, you could bring an aunt, cousin or friend out with you to do the same. sorry for laughing, but this does not seem very practical. i don't know many people who have a month to...
Quote: Originally Posted by Bookworm715 Backyardigans- I hate that they have such 'ethnic' names- Pablo, Uniqua, Tasha, Tyrone.. Why can't a black kid be named 'Joe' or a white kid be named 'Jamal'? who says those characters are "black"? what led you to think they are? because they have "black voices"?
Quote: Originally Posted by Peppermint I thought the 90% Hispanic part sounded funny at first too, but then realized it was to make it clear later in the story why trying to think which 4 year old Hispanic boy was gone would be hard to do. ETA- and I am not saying all 4 year old Hispanic boys look the same , just that, I could certainly see why many of the boys looked a fair amount alike to a stranger... to be honest, that makes it sound...
the doc will most likely tell you to bring her in and not phone in a scrip for abx. (i've had a million uti's and know the protocol) they will want to run a culture so they can see the strain of bacteria. that way, if she's got it again in 10 days, they can run another culture and see if it's a new infection, or if the old one never cleared up. i would take her in based on the kidney pain. that's not good.