or Connect

Posts by caz77

We lived in Syracuse for 6 years, and then Boston for 3yrs before moving to CH last spring (2011), so I think I have a pretty godd idea of what you're used to.  Winters here are mild, especially coming from "up north".  Yes, it is chilly in the mornings, but honestly, my kids never had more than good fleeces and hats last winter and they were fine.  On a small number of occasions, they wore gloves/mittens.  I tried to wear my down coat once last winter and it was...
I'm in Chapel Hill, my DD is just 1-2 weeks older than your son (4/27/10) and I'm expecting #3 in February (my oldest is 6).  We've been here for about a year and a half.  I don't get on here much, since it can be a bit slow, but try and check in every now and then.
Wow!  This post was really misinterpreted, guess I did a cruddy job of expressing myself.  It's my sister, she came to me for suggestions, I was just trying to help her out.  Nevermind, best to just delete and move on...
Hello, I posted months ago about moving to Chapel Hill from Boston and received some great suggestions - thank you!  Now that we are here, I am hoping for more great local advice... I will be starting part-time work in the next month or two and am going to need child care 2 days a week, from about 9a-2p.  I was thinking that it might be a good job for a student, since we live relatively close to UNC, but wasn't sure if there is a way other than craigslist to go about...
Thanks for the tips about the bus - we have actually signed a lease on a house just north of campus on the bus line and within cycling distance as well.  Now we're just waiting for winter in Boston to be over so we can move!    I'm starting to look forward to finding a pediatrician - we do vax, so I don't have that hurdle to overcome, but we co-sleep more often than not, DD will probably continue to nurse multiple times a night until she's a teenager (LOL!), and we...
Thank you!  We're really excited to make this change!   We'll be coming down in March to secure housing and what-not. We're currently a one car family and would like to keep it that way, so we're hoping to find something within cycling distance to UNC for DH... We'll see!
Hello!  DH accepted a new job at UNC, and we are officially relocating from Boston to the Chapel Hill area for May 1.  Although it's still months away, I thought I'd introduce myself and start to get to know a little bit about the area.  I have a DS who will start kindergarten in the fall and a DD who will be one when we move (where has the time gone?!?!).  I've always worked full-time, but am planning taking a few months to get everyone settled after the move and then...
Another vote for the midwives at Women's Health Associates. I had a completely natural delivery with them at Newton-Wellesley Hospital and was thrilled with my prenatal care, as well as my labor and delivery experience with them! Congrats and best of luck!!
Children under the age of 2 don't require a ticket, so you're all set - enjoy! Here's the link, I got the info off the MLB website: http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/bos/ballpark/guide.jsp#K
Quote: Originally Posted by YummyYumYumMama i have a portable dishwasher & a portable washer/dryer that are in good condition - but we haven't needed them for the past couple years, and won't in the foreseeable future. we're moving next month, and i reeeeally don't want to move them with us, so i'm hoping to sell them before we move. i so don't have it together enough to sell them online. so... anyone know of a used appliance store in the boston area (i'm...