or Connect

Posts by Gaia's Mama

Quote: Originally Posted by suziek I just read most of the thread and I do think Dear Cousin needed some help phrasing his e-mail. A "we'd love to see the baby, and she'd be more than welcome at the brunch." would go a long way. I do bet he had more than one person try to win a dispensation, and may find it frustrating to fend off petitioners. I've declined so many weddings I've lost count. The reasons have varied from "I can't really afford...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kirsten Ooh, ooh, I know! Stay home but send them parenting books for a wedding present! And a sling! But I'm bad that way... I actually wouldn't do that - but it would be funny... That is actually a really awesome idea!! I think I might : )
Quote: Originally Posted by ~Purity♥Lake~ I agree with other posters, that after getting that email clarification, it would be best to not go. I especially didn't like the comment your cousin made referring to 'other people with even younger babies are arranging childcare'. That just comes off as negatively judging your parenting choices. THanks, that's what I thought, I wouldn't have minded if it was said in a more respectful manner, but it's...
Quote: Originally Posted by cappuccinosmom Well, firstly, don't make a decision based on "it appears that...". Make sure you have a clear understanding. Who knows, maybe they'd be willing to have the baby at some of the other stuff besides the actual wedding. It is their wedding, so their choice. Whether you go or not is your choice. For me, I would understand and respect the desire for a child-free wedding, and expect that they would understand...
My first cousin's wedding coming up July 4th...my 6 month old nursling not invite...whole weekend shin-dig...fri bbq-sat wedding-sun brunch.....he suggested I get a babysitter...but we live 3 hours away, and I wouldn't let the Dalai Lama babysit my daughter (they obviously don't have children)....we were going to go and take shifts watching her between my parents and us, maybe have our own picnic on the grass outside or something...any suggestions?? It appears they may...