or Connect

Posts by cocobean

We won't be doing an entire month but like other have said I want to spend as much time as I can doing nothing and just bonding with my baby. We don't have much in the way of family support but luckily my hubby has lots of vacation time we've been saving up so he should be able to have at least 1 full week off with us and then spreading the rest out over time. My mom plans on coming into town to be at the birth and is willing to stay for a day or two to help. We are...
Thank you mamaharrison! I have done my research and can assure you I am very educated on the topic of midwifery care at home as well as a waterbirth. But thank you for your concern. It turns out I care very much about the safety of my baby before I care about my birth experience.
I used to say I wanted 4 kids. Now I feel very blessed to have the 1 1/2 I have. We'll see how this goes and take it from there. If there is one thing our struggle with fertility has taught me is to be thankful for what I have and not for what I want. I and my husband went to a satallite branch of IU in Fort Wayne. We have not spent tons of time in Bloomington but many of our friends went to college there as well.
We choose to eat a paleo diet because my husband and I have had lots of health issues including weight problems and GI issues to only name a few. Since having my first I have done tons of research on health and nutrition and it has become a second passion (after birth) of mine. I struggled with fertility problems and after starting to eat paleo I got my cycle to return in less than a month. Plus I felt better than I ever have in my entire life! I picture this birth...
Oops!  Birth bag not bad! :)
My birth bad is so full it's ridonculous!  I have a gardening kneeling mat which gets used all the time.  I have speakers for listening to calming music, massage oil, essential oils, a blow up bath pillow, honey sticks, snacks for me, a copy of The Birth Partner, a book I'm reading in case I have down time, bendy straws, led candles, and I'm sure there is more but that's all I'm remembering off the top of my head! :)
I grew up in Fort Wayne Indiana and now reside in Indianapolis Indiana.  It family was made up of my mom and dad and my sister who is 12 years older than I am.  I have loved working with all my clients and believe that homebirth is the safest option for many people but understand that is not always the case.  As much as I love homebirth I actually prefer to work with hospital clients.  Hospital clients need an advocate so much more than homebirth clients do.  I was very...
A little about me, I'm going to be turning 29 on December 14. I have a 4 year old little guy who loves super heroes! I am mostly a stay at home mom but I'm also a birth and postpartum doula. I don't take on to many clients so that I can still be the kind of mom I want to be while still following my path as a doula. My family and I eat a mostly paleo diet and when I'm not having issues with my pelvis I am a crossfitter as well. Feel free to ask any questions! :)
I'm here! What should I do??
Yeah, the fish net is on my list. :)