or Connect

Posts by brennan

I'm 36+5 weeks and just realized that I had dd in exactly 2 weeks.  2 WEEKS!  I know every baby is different, but it totally freaked me out when I realized that!!   I seem to be getting things done, but nothing actually off my list...I bought trays today and made dd some activities on the trays (one is cutting, another playdoh etc) so that she can have everything she needs for the things she likes to do without having to have me run around the house to get everything...
That would be so awesome, I'd love to see the video!  Our traditional baby bath tub is at our other house 3 hours away and we won't be going there before the baby but I feel kind of stupid going and buying the exact same bath tub again cause then we'd have 2 (dh really likes bathtubs, he's not the kind who wants to just do without).  So I was thinking about splurging for a tummy tub!
I'm due Oct 9.  I've kind of felt that I was going to go late with this one, just as I felt that I would go early with dd (and I did).  But baby's so low, and bh contractions are actually hurting not just uncomfortable, and OH MY GOODNESS I feel like the baby is just going to fall out of me most of the time!  So I don't know!  I honestly hope I don't go later because I look like I'm going to pop.  Seriously my stomach is so big I don't think can stretch any further.  If...
Stuff I have left to do   Baby related -prep preemie prefolds that should be arriving next week -buy a shelf for the change area -pack hospital bag, at least grab what I can -put the car seat by the front door so we can grab it -knit some tiny diaper covers, super soft and gentle for those first few days!   Dd related -buy winter gear, if I decide to do that....her snow suit MIGHT fit from last year -make dd pants...I say I'm going to do this every...
  Here's mine, I stupidly posted my own thread, not realizing this was already started!   With dd I forgot a whole bunch of stuff, but we lived 2 minutes from the hospital, dh went home for some, the stuff we forgot for labour we just did without.  This time we're 1 1/2 hours from the hosptial so going home is not an option, and I will be in the hospital for 24hours due to being GBS positive (and having fast labours with no time for abx).  Also our hospital...
Whoops sorry! Thanks for that!  
I need some help with what to pack in a hospital bag, and I'd love to hear what everyone who is having a hospital birth (or in the backup bag) is packing.     With dd I forgot a whole bunch of stuff, but we lived 2 minutes from the hospital, dh went home for some, the stuff we forgot for labour we just did without.  This time we're 1 1/2 hours from the hosptial so going home is not an option, and I will be in the hospital for 24hours due to being GBS positive (and...
I have a couple of options.  The baby's snowsuit is brown with teddybear ears, so baby could be a teddy bear (but the snowsuit is pretty big, so only if baby arrives earlier).  I also knitted baby a pumpkin hat and I have an orange pair of longies and a green long sleeve shirt.  If baby is born later, I will probably stay home (it will probably be very cold at halloween) this would be a great outfit to hand out candy in.
We used FAM for 3? years before getting pregnant with dd (on purpose), and so that is technically what we will be doing after this birth.  Breastfeeding dd   worked for me for 2 years, and then after we stopped bfing it took 3 months for me to ovulate.  Seriously.  I did not ovulate at all until the cycle that we concieved this one.  When I declined birth control after dd, all the nurses said "oh we'll see you again in a couple of months ha ha".  But I don't assume that...
That's good to hear.  I've been telling her that she can scream and kick but she can't do it in my face (she likes to get right up in my face) and I have walked away.  That usually though results in her following me around screaming at me.  When she calms down she always asks for a hug and says sorry (without prompting) and that always makes me feel guilty.  Today we had 2 tantrums, one over her wanting to do something that I had done and one because I didn't want her...