or Connect

Posts by brennan

Holy cow, dd has been throwing epic temper tantrums lately.  In fact she's throwing one right now.  How do you deal with them?  Lately its about things that I do that she all of a sudden decided that she needed to do.  Like if I help her take off her sandals after I ask her if she wants help or to do it herself and she tells me she wants help.  All of a sudden she wanted to do it and how dare I not know.  Major screaming kicking just repeating "not mommy do it E do it!...
I have already tested positive for GBS.  Apparently I'm dropping it in my urine?  Who knew that could happen.  Apparently that means the I have a high concentration of the bacteria, and I am thus assumed to have it at birth.  However as soon as I found out I started taking probiotics, cranberry juice, eating yogurt and increasing garlic.  I might have already be considered GBS positive, but if I can do something to reduce the risk to my baby I will do it.  I have decided...
Ugh I feel like I have so much to do! Baby related  -Move baby's dresser upstairs and sort clothes into it -finish all diapering related projects and make sure I have all diapering supplies that I need (I need to graft gussets on longies and weave in ends etc).   -Place one more order for preemie prefolds, snappis and diaper cream and anything else I come up with -buy a shelf and some baskets for baby change area -Pack a hospital bag or at least make a list...
I had an amazing natural hospital birth with my dd.  Now that I am pregnant again I would love to hear more information about pushing and not fully dialated and the urge to push even when not having contractions.   With dd I dialated fast but stalled at 9 1/2 cms.  I had felt the need to push for quite a while and was in agony trying not to push (because I might make my cervix swell).  Finally a nurse (who I thought was very mean at the time lol) suggested that I get...
Quote: I am a former Montessori teacher and I am just so confused by these thoughts of what Montessori is, and in fact this is confusing me even more in my quest to find out what Reggio is.  The reason being that everything said about Reggio in the first quotes are Montessori, and the things said in the first and second quotes about Montessori are not Montessori (there is responsibility etc, but certainly allows children to learn from mistakes).     Can I throw this out...
Two lately that have kind of confused me   "I think you need to go on a diet young lady"  Said by an older lady, jokingly.  It was kind of cute.  But then later that evening another lady said "that baby needs to go on a diet".  Is it a trend lately or something?  Honestly the first one didn't bug me until the second.   I have been getting the "when are you due" and then "OH so you still have a while to go"(said with shock) as kind of I guess a polite way of...
I have a Kenmore.  Apparently they're Janome's just with a different branding, and cheaper.  I am a big sewer and actually still have my mother's Kenmore that she got when she graduated high school in 1958.  I have a new Kenmore but I keep the old one to one day give to dd (its perfectly fine, just a basic machine though, and I like mulitple stitches etc).  My mom has an amazing pfaff which is awesome but out of our price range.  I am very happy with my Kenmore.
This is the hammock we were considering http://www.novanatural.com/baby-toddler/bedtime/baby-hammock But we have a hammock chair that we use inside that I'm thinking will work if I take out the pillows as its almost the same shape, and I wouldn't use it unless I'm right there anyway.
I only brush dd's hair once a week, but it does turn into a rats nest, though just at the back.  I really don't find it any harder day to day than once a week.  I sing while I untangle it and that really seems to help dd stay calm.  Plus I also hold her hair at the roots so there's not as much tugging..  Brushing curly hair when its dry will cause it to break and get super frizzy.  It will then tangle easier because of its frizziness.  When you brush it when its wet...
What about something like this? http://www.amazon.com/Mustang-Survival-Legends-Childs-jacket/dp/B001NN9GUS/ref=sr_1_39?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1309830974&sr=1-39 I'm shocked that in the US you can get such small lifejackets without a head rest, you can't get them here in Canada.  I actually had to scroll through pages to get to one that had a head rest! ETA - this is the one that we have and while it is bulky, dd can swim in it and it does automatically switch...