or Connect

Posts by brennan

As a short person, I am far FAR more comfortable with my legs up, cross legged, whatever than with my legs down.  While I'm not short enough that my legs dangle in most chairs, its usually a stretch.  Dd is 2 1/2 and tiny but she still seems to have PLENTY of leg room in her Britax RFing.
We have absolutely no child proofing paraphanlia in our home and never have.  We have never needed it.  But that's dd's personality, I know that I can trust her to not get into anything.  I was just moving some windex today (dh is obsessed with windex, its our only nasty cleaner) and I ended up putting it under the sink in the bathroom, in the cabinet that is kept closed with dd's stool in front of it (so she would have to move the stool to get into the cabinet, which is...
I have never seen a life jacket in Canada that's approved for kids that DOESN'T have neck/head support.  I've only ever seen ones that don't offer neck support in the sizes that would be appropriate for older kids (50lbs and up)/adults.  So unless the people you are boating with have an ancient life jacket, there is no doubt in my mind that it will have neck/head support if it fits for his weight range.   And transport Canada does approve life vests for 20lbs and up, for...
When I travelled to Maui when dd was 9 months old I was not allowed to bring my Canadian car seat on a Canadian airline because it actually needed the American sticker.  I have never had a problem using it within Canada, it was just flying to and from the US where I was not allowed to use it.  And I'm not about to find and purchase an American car seat to use for the once every 2 years if we're really really lucky situation.     OP, I would have done exactly what you did....
I bought some 4t low rider undies and then I just took them in at the sides.  They were low enough through the rise and when I took them in at the side it really shrunk down the leg holes.  The ones I have are from Sears.  I also made some and bought a couple of more expensive brands. I love the fit of petit lieu and my absolute favorite, though way WAY too expensive are made by katvig.  But they're like 10$ a pair, but have held up the best of all dd's underwear and...
  What is your favorite, quick go to recipe? Spagetti, with ground beef, tomato soup and whipping cream.  It sounds gross but its SOOOOOO good.   Coffee or Tea? Tea, and only chai tea with lots of milk   Do you plan to go grey with grace or dye? Hopefully I won't have to deal with it....but I would dye, I wonder if henna covers grey   Do you watch TV, what is your favorite show?  I love the office.  we have all the seasons and we didn't have tv for...
Yes and no.  I have to drive to the hospital in the city, none of the smaller hospitals deliver babies anymore.  This isn't ideal, but at least I'm only 1 1/2 hours from the city.  A hospital 45 minutes away used to have a midwife run maternity wing in it, which believe it or not had to be scrapped when the province started paying for midwives in 2008 despite the fact that the province was already paying for this service, as a service to the rural communities.  But when...
What does your MDC user name mean? How did you choose it? Many years ago I was on another mega board and all my user names that I used at the time were taken.  I happened to be watching Bones at the time and so Dr. Brennan (the main character) so brennan (I don't actually know if that's how they spell it in the show).  I had tried a whole bunch of user names and this one went through and once it did it was permanent.  I ended up liking it and now its my go to user...
Yup!  Ours is "mommy and daddy's room with a moses basket from dd1 and diapers/change area in it" Dd's room has no theme but the curtains are turquoise with flowers which is what this kid will move into when he/she is ready for his/her own room. 
If I go into labour during daylight hours I don't have so much of a problem, I figured I could find a nice park or the hospital is right next to a mall so I could go walk the mall.  But I went into labour at 2am with dd....not much is open then.     Yeah I was really lucky.  I climbed up and down the 5 flights of stairs to the maternity floor many times to help "speed things up" lol.  Maybe that helped.  Dh always says that God only gives us as much as we can handle, so...