or Connect

Posts by brennan

When dd was 19 months until 2, if another kid came NEAR her she started screaming, she was so scared of other kids.  I didn't have any mommy friends and we did stuff when she was younger but didn't start going to playgroups until she was 19 months.  From 2 to maybey 28 months she would go and play sometimes with the kids but would mostly stick to herself or on my lap.  About a month ago (she's 2 1/2) she started actually playing with the other kids!  Involving roll...
My sister-in-law didn't test positive on a pregnancy test until she was 4 months along even though she "knew" she was pg.  She had irregular cycles during those first months of pregnancy and regularly went to see her dr to try to convince him that she was pg.  He wouldn't believe her because all the urine tests came back negative.  Finally she tested positive and her dr was proved wrong when she gave birth to a little boy 5 months later.
I have come to peace with my hospital birth.  I live extremely rurally and no midwives are willing to take me.  I am not interested in a home birth as the nearest hospital is 1 1/2 hours from here, and that's a distance I don't feel comfortable with.  The dr I am using is the consulting dr to the midwives in the area, she is turning out to be pretty awesome.   I had a very positive drug free hospital birth with dd, everyone was really encouraging, the nurses all said...
  Oooh I love me some Earthy Rainbow.  So jealous!   I bought the first thing for the baby yesterday!  6 tie nappies.  I know not terribly exciting, but I'm pretty excited about them.  If we have another girl (not finding out gender) I"m pretty sure that we need nothing, and if we have a boy I think that all we need is just clothes, and not very many as we had so many gender neutral clothes from dd.  
I agree with pp here that no matter what you name your child, whether common or uncommon, there will be resistance and mis-spelling/pronunciation.  But once the baby's here, they will get used to it, I think because you're now associating that name with a cute little baby!   Funny story, the kid I used to nanny had a unique name and when he was 2 we were at the park and another little boy asked what his name was and nanny kid told him.  The other little boy started...
Oh my word, I"m so sorry!  Thinking of you!
  You can also use gauze too.  I really like my didymos and I still use it with my 2 1/2 year old.  To me it was worth the price because I got something super supportive that's soft.  I know osnaburg is not as soft but still does the job.     
Bouncy chair - Our only baby putting place.  Dd hated being on the floor, she like to look around (before she's really able to sit up).  We didn't have the batteries in it and it was a hand-me-down of a hand-me-down of a hand-me-down   Baby Carriers - I know that the Ergo and Moby are hugely popular but those are probably my least favorite.  I like the Beco for a SSC (like the Ergo), it has a higher back (dd liked to lean back in the ergo, especially when I had my...
  No, we sleep with our window open at night.  Right now its quite open.  The horizontal blinds are fully closed and we have a navy blue curtain over top.  It doesn't let as much air in as when there's no blinds, but we live in the north and its light until 11:30, and gets light super early so not only does dd want to stay up till almost midnight, she also wants to wake up at an ungodly hour.
At least in Canada whether or not its your kid doesn't matter, if you don't have the children properly restrained while you are driving you could get a ticket.  I had this happen before I had kids, a mom installed the car seat and put her child in and I got the ticket (I told her and she paid for it).  I did not touch the seat or the child, because I assumed she did it right.  It is the driver's responsibility to ensure all passengers under 16 are properly restrained in...