or Connect

Posts by olivedo

dp and i have four children. two bio mine and two bio hers. i am mom for my two she is mom for her two i am aunt for her two she is aunt for my two works perfectly. we each get to retain that bond that only pushing a child from your body can give you while the other still has the respect of family. good luck - can't wait to hear what you decide.
My cousin and her dh changed their last name when their first child was born. Now the whole family has the new last name and it's working out fabulously for all of them. My dp and I are going to change our last names when our children are grown. We have four children, two are bio mine and two are bio hers and they all have the last names of fathers. I think it's important for us to have their last name now. I think they're going to have plenty of problems without...
Hey, I didn't read the other responses to your initial posting. I was so interested in your story and your insecurity that I had to get straight to writing. First of all, I was married for 10 years. Actually, I'm still married. Going on 12 years now. I fell in love with a woman. Other people saw it coming but not me. I fell in love with a woman after being married for 10 years and having two children. He was my first sexual experience and she is my...
Hello, I just wanted to say that my grandmother was russian and I remember she used to sing to me. She sang to me all the time and I loved it. She will be different because she is a different person from a different place. But she will love you and the baby and the food and hopefully she will sing. Take a deep breath and enjoy yourself.
mineisnow.blogspot.com lifeisbetterthangood.blogspot.com we are parents to four and this is a record of what and how we are learning along the way.
Quote: Originally Posted by ToastyToes Me! My kids & I live with my parents. I am in the process of divorcing. I forsee us living with my parents for at least the next 2-3 years, as I have returned to school. It's got its HUGE advantages, but also its trying moments for everyone. Eager to hear other experiences. Hello, Welcome. I have found that our trying moments come when there is a disagreement about "redirection" and before anything is...
Quote: Originally Posted by AngelBee Honestly...it depends on the day Dad, dh, brother, and mom work during the day. We are home and sister is sleeping. 2nd shift I work (kids go with me usually), mom works (again ) Sister works like 10-12 hour shifts 4pm-3am or so 3-4 times a week. We are still having some issues regarding division of household duties and discipline of my children. Otherwise, it is working ok. Not great yet....
Quote: Originally Posted by Mamato3wild ponnie I had to let go of any and all sense of structure here. Grandma gives ds cookies..ice cream...you name it...when ever he asks for it. However...is it worth the fuss to tell her no....NO i just let it be..MIL/FIL...pretty much dont speak up at all...they just let kids run and if anything major comes up...like someone's hurt or crying...then someone speaks up. But other than that...the kids are on their own. I...
Quote: Originally Posted by AngelBee We live with my mom and dad (who are divorced), my 21yr brother, my 26 yr sister, and my family which is myself, dh, ds9, dd7, ds4, dd2, and new baby girl arriving in April 2009 You have a huge household! How's the dynamic? I think my siblings are too loud for me to live with them these days.
!