or Connect

Posts by trauerweidchen

I'll try to post this in both threads you two have started--I'm a new doula in the Boston area, and I have access to a list of doulas I could contact for you to get some names of people to interview, if that's a route you would like to take. Send me a PM if you'd like more info.
I'll try to post this in both threads you two have started--I'm a new doula in the Boston area, and I have access to a list of doulas I could contact for you to get some names of people to interview, if that's a route you would like to take. Send me a PM if you'd like more info.
I took her last set of intro classes and they were quite basic but interesting. She has a very strong personality, however, and I would certainly suggest that a potential student (of anyone, not just Gloria Lemay) be prepared to question what they are learning and understand that her perspective is but one in a complicated situation. That being said, I don't think her views on licensure or other political issues were really a focus of the class, and I was actually...
How exciting and special, youngspiritmom! That sounds like a wonderful way to make a new baby. Sending you lots of sticky baby vibes.
We did it with our first but it was a bit of a nightmare--treated rather like oddities at our local hospital (we had a HB but had a referral from a FP doctor to do the test), then miscoding the test so we had a runaround to have it paid by insurance. I don't know if we'd do it with subsequent babies or not based on that experience; the test itself was quick and harmless, but I hated the process (not that that has anything to do with the test itself, of course!). I will...
I don't have an easy answer for you; I ask myself this question too, with one toddler in the house. I am pretty sure we'll have one more baby, but two or three more? Hard to say. What I can tell you is that having a child--especially that first one--changes your life in ways you can't imagine. As a PP said, take it one day, one child at a time. I think it's really hard to anticipate how your family will grow, and how you will feel down the road. I personally don't think...
Just a quick reply since I'm on my phone--if you were stressed or sick pre-ovulation (especially with a fever!), your ovulation could be delayed as a result. That's where I am currently at too, I think. Also, I have found temping vaginally is more consistent for me than orally, especially if I am congested. You just want to be consistent throughout the cycle, so don't switch halfway through. Good luck and keep at it--it gets easier!
I've tried it both ways and wondered this often. I haven't gotten a definitive answer yet, but what I'm currently doing (with a night-nursing, cosleeping toddler) is I have an alarm set for 6:30 and I just take my temp then, even with varying bedtimes. Usually I'll have had between 4-6 hours of sleep by that point, and it's enough to get a trend for both pre- and post-ovulatory temperatures. Remember, you're looking for a pattern of temps, so as long as you can establish...
I've heard great things about BirthWorks too, as phathui mentioned.   I am definitely nervous about juggling birth work with little ones/family. That was one of the most comforting parts of the weekend--talking to the instructor (who is the director of the program; she doesn't do all of the trainings but happened to be doing this one), who started attending births when the youngest of her 6 children was 1 year old. She said it's important to remember that it isn't...
Congratulations! I took the leap recently too and just finished my weekend workshop with toLabor. BAI looked like a great program too. Good luck on your path!