or Connect

Posts by femalephish

Shes in sposies.
My three year old has not been into the potty for a while now. Recently, my dad died suddenly (they were really close) and my husband and I split up and are getting divorced. (She still sees him all the time, but asks why we 'switched houses') So I thought this is NOT a good time to push potty learning, eventhough most of her friends are using it already. (She turned 3 in July) But now she has a terrible yeast infection on her bum and vulva and Papa is SURE that it's...
My husband and I separated a month ago. We own a duplex so I moved with our daughter into the other half for the time being. He works nights so I bring her over every afternoon so they can have naptime together and lunch and hang out time. Then he takes her on Fridays and Saturdays, his days off. We agree on this arrangement (for now, once we don't live right next to each other I have told him that I won't drive her to him everyday for a nap and he agrees. Plus she won't...
I just wanted to jump in with hugs and empathy. My daughter is three and she still naps but I feel like when we are home ALL she wants is my attention or tv. I never thought I would be the mom who 'used tv as a babysitter, but I do. When I need to do yoga or have a bath or call a friend I put on a show and leave the room! Honestly, that's the only break I get some nights! My husband and I are seperated now but he also works nights so that 4pm to 930 (bedtime) has always...
My almost 3 year old started the potty today. She has been sitting on it occasionally (before bathtime, after I go sometimes) for a few months. We decided to get some big kid undies and move a little potty downstairs today and spend the whole day naked or in undies near the potty. She peed in her undies almost right away, no big deal. I reminded her that pee goes in the potty and changed her into some clean undies. Then she pooped into her undies. This is more worrying...
 Thanks everyone for your input but just FYI: The 'sister' who I am talking about was one of my cousins that my parents DID take in and the brother had some serious mental health issues and was in a hospital for a while. (He is doing better now) And the sister is an alcoholic and is losing her children. So, even if your parents had taken those kids in it's not a sure thing that the kids would be ok.
     My sister can't stop drinking and DHS placed her children with her ex about 6 months ago. Two months ago she was downgraded to 'supervised visits only' and now, as of last week, her ex cannot stop drinking either and the children are going into foster care. DHS called my mother to see if there could be a chance for kinship placement.     The girls I am thinking about taking are 10 an 7 and have had some trauma (the oldest has become 'mama' and has to monitor and...
I just wanted to give you a big cyber-hug! I have a very willful nearly-three year old and lately I have felt so HURT by her rudeness and not listening. I get frustrated and yell and am upset and she just doesn't care! It hurts my feelings when she says "NO!" and hits me and runs in the other room. My husband tells me not to take it so personally, that it's developmental and being willful can be good as she grows up, but she doesn't act like that to him.   I do agree...
I have some plastic bottle-upside down planters for cherry tomatoes but I would also like to grow chard and kale. Anyone know if they could grow upside down, too? Otherwise, can I just put them in pots? This is my first year trying to grow any food so don't assume I know anything! Thanks! -Courtney nak
I'm nursing my 2 1/2 year old, too! One of my friends from LLL is still nursing her toddler but he doesn't nurse much in public and she is pregnant so her supply may be lower etc.. I have no plans to have another babe so sometimes I wonder if we'll ever stop nursing! Because we are not trying to wean I find myself reminding Jo to nurse. Sometimes my DH puts her down to bed so I try to nurse her before that, or if I'm goin out for a while. But sometimes, when we're busy...