or Connect

Posts by vegk8

Thanks! How often did you take the ACV and at what time of day?
Hi all,   This is my first post in the group; though, I've been lurking. I'm 14 weeks today with my first pregnancy. I've been feeling pretty sick the whole time with nausea, but I have only actually thrown up a couple of times. For the past week or so, I've been tormented by indigestion/reflux. I have pretty much no experience with these symptoms prior to pregnancy, and they are really making me uncomfortable. I was wondering if anyone might have some advice to share...
The fruit  of the month is a good idea. I will look into that. One thing that I do know is that the couple don't eat much fruit, so the fruit could be a great idea or a bad idea. :) I live states away; otherwise, the food idea would be right up my alley. I love cooking for people.   I have only met this mother twice. I like her, and I care for these people since they will be my family one day. I was just thinking that if I were in her shoes (in a city where I knew...
My bf's s-i-l gave birth to her first son via c-section today. I don't know her very well, but I would like to buy her a gift and send it with the gift I already bought for the baby. I wonder if anyone has any suggestions for gifts that you received and liked, or would have liked to receive after giving birth (keeping in mind the c-section). I want to buy something specifically for her (not another gift for the baby). So far, I have found a SPA in her area that I can buy...
The Mahdi Alosh book is called Ahlan wa Sahlan. I have used both that book and Al Kitaab. I think that for independant study, Al Kitaab would be much better as there is a lot of accompanying media. The cd's for Ahlan wa Sahlan are really lacking. There is also www.arabacademy.com. It's an online software. It's pretty good, but I bet the placement is based on the text used at your Uni, so using that book would be best.
She should talk to the Peruvian consulate or embassy in the US. They would know what right she has in a case like this. I would suggest she gather all the information about the basis of his stay and then tell the guy that she wants child support or she'll write to the USCIS about his invalid residency. He might want to stay in the US bad enough to pay up. The risk of straight reporting him is that he might end up back in Peru and make her life hell. If he went to the US...
I asked a few weeks back about sponsoring orphans in Palestine. Liquesce gave me a couple of leads. Well, yesterday I got the information about the 8 year old girl who I am sponsoring. She lives in Gaza. She is adorable. Her birthday is 2 days before mine, which I thought was cool. She also wants to be a teacher, and I am one. Anyhow, thanks for the recommendation. I hope I'll be able to help her reach her goal and live a more comfortable life.  
Salaam Aleykum ladies! I just wanted to say that I am reading No God but God by Reza Aslan, and I am so enjoying it. I really like the history of the Prophet and history of religion in the Meccan region so far. It's so interesting. I also got the recording of The Sublime Quran (Laleh Bakhtiar). Her voice is kinda annoying after a while, but listening and reading along is good. I also much prefer listening to a woman's voice than a man's, in general, so it's working out...
Eid Mubarak ladies!
Me too. I am heartbroken, and I don't even know the guy. I do know that his family has had its share of tough. I hope he gets better. Reminds you that life is so fragile. Hug and kiss your loved ones. Let them know you love them! Kate P.S. I mailed my sponsorship. I can't wait to hear from them.