or Connect

Posts by foodymama

I can relate. DD is now 11 mo. and shopping trips are usually still limited. During the time she eats and naps I seriously map out my grocery shopping down having my coupons and list in order by aisle at the grocery store so the trip is more organized and quicker. When she was a few weeks old I remember sitting in the parking lot nursing her because no ifs, ands or buts she had to eat for a least 45 minutes every 1.5 hours so I only had 45 min. at the most to shop and...
My DD is only 11 mo. so I don't know how she will be yet but I am an introvert. I grew up in a rural area so there weren't libraries, parks or stores to go to without traveling quite a way but that was fine with me. I preferred riding my bike along quite roads and walking in fields and the woods. However, DH and I live in a small town that has a very nice park and a very active library with all sorts of activities. My MIL keeps talking about how nice it will be for me...
So I'm interested in what types of activities you do with your children on really bad painful days. How do you remain involved?
[QUOTE At this stage of my life I don't even know for sure about the issue of kids, but I find it helpful to hear about how other people with injuries or chronic illness handle their families. I don't want to have a child/children and then be a sucky mom. I think I'd definitely have to stop working outside the home or cutting back if I had kids, so money also is an issue. I hope me posting is OK! I learn a lot on this forum but feel weird to post much or at all....
I truly understand! My 9 mo. DD is doing the exact same thing and has been for months. I have tried everything mentioned and more and nothing helps. I am getting to my wits end! It doesn't help that DH isn't very supportive, he says just give her a bottle. (Not as far as I'm concerned!) I have tried teething tablets, unlatching and saying no firmly and telling her she is hurting Mommy (she just laughs at me), unlatching her and putting her down and walking away (she...
I give my DD organic puffed brown rice. Almost not a choking hazard at all because as soon as they get wet they turn to mush and she likes them.
Congratulations! I hope I will be able to do the same thing with our next one after having an unneccessary c-section with DD. I am very happy for you!
I'm new here but I hope everything turns out okay with the upcoming tests. I was very sick with DD and lots of lean protein helps (even though I didn't feel like eating anything). I'm not sure about the ginger helping or if it's okay to take but you can buy crystalized ginger in just about any larger chain grocery store usually with the dried fruits and nuts. Health food stores also carry ginger capsules but like I said you really have to ask because I'm not sure if...
Thank you for the warm welcome!:
I'm new here too! I have a wonderful 8 mo. DD. DH and I don't fit the norm in our family and community of the way we have chosen to raise DD. : We bf on demand, don't vax, co-sleep, trying baby led weaning and intend to homeschool. I just subscribed to Mothering Magazine and it looks that we may fit in here since we don't fit in well locally.