or Connect

Posts by foodymama

Thank you very much mamas!  We are going to take your advice and get DD in to see a developmental pediatrician before we proceed with the occupational therapy.  We really do appreciate the guidance!
Hi Mamas!   DH and I were very disappointed in DD's evaluation and unfortunately didn't come up with a lot of questions until we left the evaluation and had time to digest everything.  I was wondering if our experience was normal or if we should think about going elsewhere. Any insight would be welcome as we are completely new to all of this and have no one else to ask for advice.    We took DD for a SPD evaluation at a therapy place specializing in SPD, Autism...
malayasmommy I'm very sorry you're going through this difficult time with your little one.  Like some other Mamas on here mentioned I have a DD that has never been a good sleeper.  I wasn't a good sleeper, my DH wasn't a good sleeper and DD inherited both of our genes!  I did everything "wrong" with my DD from the time she was a baby until now according to mainstream Mamas and apparently some Mamas on here based on some really judgmental comments I've read. But it all...
Hi Mamas!   DD is 3 and DH and I are seriously talking about TTC again.  I know the recommended time frame for starting prenatals is three months before conception.  Are all of you doing this?  What type are you taking? I had one with DD that I had to take three times a day.  I'd rather not do that.  I can do twice a day but three times a day is a bit much for me.    
I bled at 9 weeks and had an ultrasound as it was my first and everything looked fine.  I continued to spot on and off for the next few weeks.  This may seem really odd but a definite correlation to the bleeding/spotting was caffeine.  I had cut out all tea and coffee when I became pregnant but I was still eating chocolate every once in a while. Whenever I ate the chocolate I would bleed/spot the following day.  As soon as I figured out the correlation I cut out...
Thank you for your replies and suggestions!  Yes, this schedule is even stressful for DH and I but that could be another thread altogether!    The one saving grace is that both DH's parents and my Grandmother live on many acres so there is lots of outside running room!  There are no other little kids at DH's parents house so the tent may work there (and we do have a tent already, thank you for the idea!).  However, at my Grandmother's house that would not work at...
Sometimes biting (in the form of biting cheeks, lips or nails) can be a sign of food allergies.  I was a nail biter my whole life until I was diagnosed and tested with food allergies and now I finally have nice non-biten nails.  I'm sure it can also be a nervous bad habit but I thought the food allergy idea was worth mentioning.
DD is 3 1/2 and as if 3 1/2 isn't enough , DD is highly spirited.  I've read Raising Your Spirited Child, and they touch on the holidays in the book but they don't give a whole lot of ideas.  I was wondering what other families do with there highly spirited transition challenged children during the holidays.    DH and I are prepared to leave with DD when things become too much for her or take her to a quiet place to calm down and regroup but she is a child that get...
Hi! I realize this is an older thread but I don't get on here much.    ambrazee I hope your upcoming move goes well and you can find places  to buy products that work for you!   serenbat I'm amazed by your knowledge of all of these places.  If you read this reply could you please PM me the info on the place in Lehighton?    MadziesMom my family has been to Keepsake Farms and it's a small but very nice place.  They do sell raw milk and cheese's as well as...
What a great resource!  Thank you for the info.  My assumtions were completely off, so I'm happy to have this list to refer to!