or Connect

Posts by foodymama

DD had her first dentist appointment yesterday.  She has had a lot of tooth problems ever since her teeth came in (cavities, crumbling, and cracked teeth).  We have treated everything ourselves up until this point.  We went to a holistic dentist and she recommended that we work on making DD's body more alkaline and that she think DD's teeth are deteriorating because her body is too acidic.  The thing is she didn't go into detail about how to make DD's body alkaline...
DD is 3yo and is scheduled for an extraction on Friday.  We didn't have too many choices in the matter because she is having pain and the tooth is badly decayed.  It is a back tooth on the top.  The dentist said it was a H tooth.   I just wondered what I should expect after the extraction.  What is the level of pain she will have and will she be able to eat or nurse?  She is having it extracted at the office with nitrous gas and novacaine.
Thank you very much for the replies.  Kateraide that gives me so much hope!  Best wishes to you for a happy and healthy pregnancy and delivery!
That's great!  Thank you!  I'm not pregnant yet but I would like to have all of my "ducks in a row"  before conceiving.  I had a regular OB/GYN for my DD and not one iota of her birth went right now that I look back on it.  I don't know if any midwives would even do it but my second baby would be a VBAC.
I am looking for a midwife.  These are the ones I found that serve my area.  Have any of you had any experience with them?  I would love to hear.  And if any of you know of any other midwives in the  Mid Eastern PA area please share.  Thank you!   Jennifer McFarland, Albrightsville http://www.mybirthbydesign.com/     Dhyana Heller, Tannersville Harmony Birthing   Laurice Dunning, Allentown The Midwives & Associates http://www.valleymidwives.com/
Like many of you I have a very spirited 3yo DD.  I have read Raising Your Spirited Child and DD is off the charts for every category of spiritedness!  For the most part we have made it through by trial and error and I assure you there have been more errors than solutions.   There is one particular behavior right now that I just can't manage to find a solution to.  Whenever we need to speak to DD about instructions for something, speak to her about an unappropriate...
Thank you Subtlycrunchy for the info. I know I still have to get to the Dr. but the articles you posted were a comfort!   
Hi Mama's!   I know I need to get to a GYN or midwife neither of which I have right now and that is why I have been putting it off.  DD is 2 1/2 and I have had my period back for 1 year so far.  She currently breastfeeds about three times a day (morning, nap, and bedtime).     Before I was pregnant I was as regular as regular could be!  Now I am all over the place and very cranky to boot.  My period lasts 14 days and the time in between varies but it has been...
Hi EzzysMom!   I read the whole thread and just had to reply.  My DD is about the same age as yours and she is our only child as of now.  I'm not pregnant and she gets my undivided attention all day long as I am a SAHM.  And my DD is behaving the same way!  I'm not saying that maybe the baby isn't part of the problem with your DD but at a developmental level my DD is the same way without a baby. I just had to let you know that someone else was in the same boat as far...
Thank you so much madcap 150!  That was great info. you provided!  DD is very happy to be nursing again and I am a very happy Mama because she is actually going to sleep without crying and screaming for a few hours!  The look on her face when I told her she could "eat, eat" (her words for nursing) again was priceless! I also took the opportunity to really put firm boundaries in place as to when she can "eat, eat" which we really needed.  Overall, I think everthing worked...