or Connect

Posts by foodymama

What hotline?  Please let me know.  I will try to pump too.
Hi Mamas!   Just looking for info. on what to expect.  I went to the ER last Wed. and they pumped me full of meds then I was admitted and was in the hospital until Sunday afternoon.  I have pneumonia and they thought I had the flu so they treated me as such until my cultures came back which were negative (which I already knew).  So I was on two kinds of antibiotics and Tamiflu as well as cough medicines and benedryl because I was allergic to the Tamiflu.    We...
Does she drink enough water?  I know when I don't have enough liquids I have problems as well.  So sorry she's going through this.  My little brother used to have the same problem and I know first hand how awful it makes everyone feel.  My Mom used to give my brother mineral oil and it helped but I don't know how crunchy you are if that would be an option or not.  The health and healing folks could probably provide you with some good "cures".
Thank you so much Areia!  It is so cute and it's very reasonable!  I think DD is going to get one of those for Christmas.  Thank you again! 
A favorite book here is Bear Snores On by Karma Wilson.  And I know you wanted a realistic sea life book but this is hands down DD's favorite book, Under The Sea (Push-Pull-Turn and Lift series).   http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Under-the-Sea/Staff-of-Igloo-Books/e/9781848526396.  Maybe your DD will like it too!   Sorry you don't like Dr. Seuss.  DD really enjoys The Foot Book, Dr. Seuss's ABC book, and There's A Wocket In My Pocket.  They are shorter than the...
Hi Areia!   I got intrigued by your DD's Bailey Doll.  I think it would be something my DD would really enjoy!  I looked online and can't find it.  Can you point me in the right direction?  Thanks!  
Thank you so much for those suggestions.  We'll be sure to try your suggestions on where to eat too!
I feel for you Mama! My DD is terribly independent and we have a hard time keeping her in the cart for more than 10 minutes at a time. Some things we have tried that others suggested as well are drinks, snacks, and fun and new things to play with. I have one specific tote that holds activities and snacks just for restaurants or shopping trips. DD is a night owl and goes to bed pretty late so we shop pretty late and that helps. The stores aren't as crowded and I don't...
Hi Floridians! My DH will be attending a meeting in Tampa from July 1-5 and DD and I are coming along. We were hoping to extend our stay into a vacation on A nna Maria Island for an additional week! I was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for either area on things to do (besides the beach of course )? DD and I can attend the meeting with DH as it is for our church but we don't have to and I don't think DD will sit through it anyway. So I would like to...
We were not and currently are not TV free. However, TV time has drastically dropped since DD was 18 mo. When DD was 18 mo. we did some house renovating. We have a TV in our main living space with satellite TV and there was another TV with just a DVD player being stored in DD's room. MIL came to our house to care for DD while DH and I renovated. And DD loved that MIL had shows just for her on both TV's that she could run back and forth and watch whichever one she...