or Connect

Posts by foodymama

LZP I can totally relate. Sleeping in the crib was the biggie and is she still breastfeeding a close second. I got that from friends as well as family members. Some of those so called friends are no longer friends because I couldn't deal with there judgmental attitude anymore. As for family, we have a very close large family and I have repeated myself many times saying she likes sleeping with us and she will bf until she doesn't want to anymore. And after two years I...
I agree crunchy_mommy. It usually depends on my mood and my health on that particular day as to weather I will just give in to her demands or if I feel up to trying to do major distractions (which is what it takes and that doesn't always work. You're also right about snacks during meal preparation. Cheese is her favorite and we do offer her that but it seems I can still never finish a meal without having to nurse her. As an aside, we went out for the day on Saturday...
Sorry I don't have any solutions for you majormajor ! But I just wanted to let you know that I'm in the same boat.
DD will not go to bed any earlier than 10:00 pm and it is usually more like 11:00 pm. We have tried getting her to bed sooner and she treats it like a nap and is up and awake bright eyed and bushy tailed until the wee hours of the morn if she goes to bed any earlier. This is just the way she is. She is very social with DH and I and doesn't like to miss anything! She has gone to sleep with us like this since she was born. It's not a popular opinion around here. ...
I remember reading in Mothering Magazine where there is certain culture where the adults still love breastmilk and if some is left in the fridge someone always drinks it up or they even put it in their coffee. So go for it! Smoothies or baked goods sound fine to me! I had pumped extra for when I would leave DD with DH but she wanted nothing to do with it if it wasn't from me. So I kept it a lot longer than I should have because I felt terrible throwing it away and...
I normally don't limit breastfeeding at all but recently DD has been getting very demanding and aggressive about it. It usually happens in the middle of making dinner or right after a nursing session (which I never limit). At dinnertime I can understand because she probably just wants my attention even though I let her help me or give her something to do that she enjoys. I don't understand why she does it right after finishing nursing and I'm talking like a minute or...
I like Enjoy Life too! Here is there site and a coupon too! http://www.enjoylifefoods.com/our_fo...olate_bar.html
My nephew is really sick with a cold right now and his ped. told my sister to give him Benedryl. I only gave DD Benedryl once for an allergic reaction but I'm not sure I would give it for a cold. I gave my sister a bunch of homeopathic stuff to try for him instead. You're not supposed to give little ones cough and cold medicine but if you go to your local health food store you can get homeopathic cough and cold items that are safe for toddlers to take.
Wow! I can't believe this thread is still going. It's great that all of this discussion is happening! I just wanted to update and let everyone know that the CDC did call this morning and I politely told them that I would prefer not finishing the survey and to not call back again. After reading the other posts I wanted to add that if they wouldn't be so underhanded about the way they went about the survey maybe I would be less wary of them. But they started off with...
Hi! I've been reading everyone's posts and think I just might fit in here. I've had rheumatoid arthritis most of my life. I wasn't diagnosed until I was 12 but probably had it since I was an infant. At 12 I was put on all the "normal" mainstream type drugs and I lived my life with good days and bad days, with flare-ups and set backs and with many drug side effects. It wasn't until I met my wonderful husband that I began to seek out natural medicine with his full...