or Connect

Posts by foodymama

Thank you for all of your feedback. I've made my decision that when they call back next week not to complete the survey. I felt uncomfortable while doing it and I should have just gone with my Mama instinct and ended there. heathergirl67, while I see your point of unvaxed children being unrepresented I tend to agree with Xerxella. I don't want the government bothering me about my decision to not vax and they sure don't need to spend extra money to pressure me about...
Oh, I forgot. Take good probiotics too!
Have you altered her diet in any way to stave off the fungus? And if she is still breastfeeding you should change your diet as well. Unfortunately fungal infections like you are describing are usually diet related. I've spent many years personally fighting them and what I found out is that as soon as I deviate from my diet the fungus comes back. The foods that I stay away from that contribute to the fungas are dairy, yeast, sugar and gluten.
I'm a little nervous. Has anyone else ever gone through this survey with no repercussions later? They sent a letter stating that I was randomly chosen for the CDC's National Immunization Survey. I wasn't sure what to do at first and I just put it to the side. I wasn't too sure about the randomness either. Then they called twice to conduct the survey and DH put them off and asked if they could call back at another time. So, tonight was the night they called back and...
Thank you mamas! sapphire_chan DD doesn't swallow pills yet so I don't have any pointers for you, sorry. However, she has swallowed food whole since we started her on solids so maybe she would.
Hi Mamas! I am looking for good non-gummi vitamins for my 2yo DD. I seem to be only able to find gummi vitamins at my local health food store and I really don't want them. I don't mind buying them on-line but it seems like a crazy task to find them. So, I was wondering if anyone else used good non-gummi vitamins and where you got them? Thank you!
I of course don't know but I would definitly persue the food sensitivity issue. My MIL had severe stomach cramps and bloody stools for years and was even hospitalized and every time she was sent home from the Dr. or the hospital with an unknown diagnosis. Until she started seeing a homeopathic Dr. and he had her tested for food allergies of which she tested positive for numerous food allergies. As long as she eliminates those foods she doesn't have problems, but as soon...
This is a very interesting thread! While I was pregnant my sister had an emergency c-section and had my nephew five weeks early. She is normally very healthy and it did not go well. After she was in recovery she wasn't feeling well and she stopped breathing, they called a code blue and you would have thought my heart stopped beating as well that's how upset I was. Everything worked out in the end with my sister and my nephew but it was a definite stress. Then two...
I would love to "not allow" screaming in the house or in public places but my DD has other thoughts on the matter. She does know what loud and quiet means and we have been working on "inside voices" but other than that I'm not sure how you get them to not scream. Unless, you have a completely mellow child who is not inclined to screaming that is.
Thank you Mamas! Quote: Originally Posted by sbgrace Do you have a lot of contact with the child? Maybe it will rub off on others. If the grandparent who is caregiving is open to ideas maybe you could teach some things you learn without applying labels or ideas of what is going on that might alienate the parents. I do have a fair amount of interaction with DN (DH and I own our house and my sister and her family live right above us in the...