or Connect

Posts by foodymama

My sister has one at her house and bought one for my Grandmother's house who takes care of my nephew. She likes them and I like them as well!
After reading info here I went on to do more research on salicylates. I definitely think that is my key problem right now. However, I don't know know where to start diet wise. I have been on anti-inflammation diets, elimination diets based on two different food allergy tests and I have been gluten free, corn free, dairy free, yeast free, and egg free for about a year now. But yet I still seem to be reacting to everything I eat. The only non-reactive foods I see...
I believe tomatoes are an inflammatory food. I think all night shades are known to be inflammatory foods (peppers, tomatoes, white potatoes, eggplant). Peanuts are also an inflammatory food. I have rheumatoid arthritis and allergy induced asthma and my homeopath actually gave me an anti-inflammatory diet to follow with the above mentioned foods as foods that weren't allowed.
Quote: Originally Posted by MamaPhD x10 I can't believe how off topic and rude mamas are being about this thread. I don't think many people read title of the thread either! Sheesh!
I really don't know mama, I just wanted to offer you a and tell you that I'm right there with you. During an exasperating moment while brushing teeth the other day I wondered how many times I have to tell DD that toothbrushes are only for teeth and not the mirror, counter or the sink. Yuck! And then the fact that I hate messes and it seems she delibrately smears toothpaste and her toothbrush accross every surface drives me insane!
It sounds to me like they are experiencing an overgrowth of yeast from the wet bathing suits. When they are having so much fun it is nearly impossible to get them to change their clothes but honestly getting them out of their wet shorts would be the most important thing to combat the yeast. If they could change into loose shorts while playing in the sand so that the sun can dry everything really well that would be the best. My DD and I are very susceptible to yeast and...
So cute! When DD wants something to eat she will say fridge. So I go to the refrigerator and open the door for her and ask her what she would like. She stands there and says, "Ummmm, think!" with her hand on her chin. Too funny!
I haven't been on here for awhile and I couldn't believe people are still after sapphire_chan concerning bed times and routines! Quote: Originally Posted by bronxmom I'm amazed the OP has kept here calm through this whole thread. She posted originally about how frustrating it was to be judged and how that made her view behavior as annoying that would not otherwise bother her. And so many responses, especially recently, have been really judgmental -...
Quote: Originally Posted by sapphire_chan When we're out late with other people, she doesn't get to sleep any earlier, but also doesn't ask for videos. She'd do really well if there were night clubs for toddlers. Hmm, maybe I should go grocery shopping at 9pm. Great idea! And we go grocery shopping at 9 pm! Sometimes people look at us strangely because we have a toddler out so late but it works for us! My Mom said I was the same way. My Dad...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jayray My friend has recommended the following website to me, but I have personally not looked very closely at it yet--so I can't really say if it's good or not. She said her DD really enjoyed doing the activities from it when she was about 18 mo. http://www.pammshouse.com/toddlers.html#todbib P.S. It appears to be focused toward Christians, but you could probably adjust easily if you are not one. I was just...