or Connect

Posts by spitbath

Hey all! I'm a doula in NE where HB is close to illegal. I have a client who has hired a CPM from out-of-state who regularly attends births in our state and has multiple mamas beyond mine, so she makes the commute quite a bit. However, my mama has short labors (like, the commute is several hours and her first labor was 6) and so as I discussed what her plan was in the event that the MW was late or couldn't show, and they were hoping to go unassisted. Now, I know that...
if you are looking for an herbal treatment for gas, you should try peppermint (either in a tea or tincture). slippery elm is something i would use for constipation for myself, and i'm sure it's safe for baby, but i'm not sure of it's effect on gas. peppermint is the first thing that comes to my mind. hope this helps.
it gets better! we're at 3mons now, and i remember now how hard it was- i had OS, OALD..- but it seems so long ago. i think it takes their little tummies a long hard minute to adjust. i cut out dairy, too, and that seemed to help with my LO's poos, but now i eat it and everything is fine. if he's still hungry after you drain the first breast, i would say to go ahead and switch. he wants to eat, which is awesome! it may not be ideal if it's a foremilk/hindmilk...
thanks for that great advice. i'm really going to take that to heart
i'm starting school in a few weeks and and square one with college credit (went to trade school a while ago, changed my mind) my DH works full time, we have a 3mo LO, and MIL will be watching him while i'm in class (about 2hrs daily). that's our situation, and to me it looks manageable, and to be honest, exciting! the 6 months i've been at home due to pregnancy and birth have been driving me crazy, and i finally know what i want to study.. i guess my question for...
honestly, i don't know how anybody is comfortable with their babies being exposed to any television at all. maybe i'm in the minority here. our house is not one of those where the first thing you see when you walk in the door is a big black box dh and i want our little one to spend his childhood exploring nature and being wild, and you could consider us as pretty 'unplugged'. i've noticed LO staring at the screen at his GM's (he's 2mons) and it freaks me out. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by pinky My dh works from about 9-6 M-F. When we're both home, we are jointly responsible for everything--kids, house, etc. us too. i see it as this- i work when he's gone, he works when he's gone, when we're together, we both parent. and i've explained to him the stress of not being able to 'clock out' of my job, and since then, he's been really good about giving me a break. but since day 1, he's changed all the...
oh, mama! i can totally relate about the mother thing. mine lives in town, and has kept her distance for the most part, but her visit while i was still in the hospital was intense. she got pissed when i told her that it might be a good idea if she left when my dad and stepmom got there. she had been there for 12+ hours!! most interaction with her is unbearable. i love her, but she's wound sooo tightly and i would be going totally crazy if i had to deal with her every...
15 quarter hours. guess i'll save all my lab classes for later!
i'm really excited about starting school again. i only graduated HS less than five years ago and waited to start college until i actually wanted to, and now that DS is here, i can't think of a better time. my question is- how many credits did you mamas start out with in your very first semester? my LO will be 3mons when classes start, and i'm thinking about taking 15 credit hours. i won't be working, DH works FT and is supportive of me going back to school. i'll...