or Connect

Posts by violetflapjack

I'm not taking Zoloft, I read this because I was curious about your experience and I'm glad that it sounds like its working for you. I did have a though about this which is that you baby could be teething/pre-teething. DS spit up more when he was teething because he was swallowing all of the extra saliva.
First of all, welcome! and *hugs*   It sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now, especially with baby being in pain so much. It will get better and it will get easier! You are doing a lot for your baby just by being there with him when he's in pain, but also with all of the effort you're putting in to keep breastfeeding him (it is definitely not easy, even when baby isn't in pain, in my experience anyway) and changing your diet and trying what you can to make...
I have a pretty small space for our homeschool area and I have to agree with Crunchymama that using library materials helps a lot with keeping things from piling up. using a lot of computer learning tools could also help with saving space, unless that's not really your thing (it's actually not my style, but it seems like it works for a lot of other folks). the key for managing the small space for me has been to get rid of the old materials as the new ones come in.  i'm...
Anyone else?
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I think working with an ND would be good for my situation. I guess I wanted some opinions because I didn't want to go in sounding like a total nutcase!
This is my basic question: Has anyone out there experienced bad reactions to quitting dairy? I'm interested in all experiences, especially those you felt were detox reactions.   This is the background on what I went through:     After DS1 was born DH and I went grain free and dairy free and I felt great! But I also have a history of an eating disorder, so I have a hard time staying with dietary changes because I get triggered. So I went back to dairy...
You could always start out and see how it goes, then enroll the kids if it doesn't end up working out.   Do the public schools in your area offer any homeschooling support programs? There are a couple in my area that do classes for homeschool kids on subjects that are harder for parents to teach without a background (like music). Or maybe a homeschool group for support?
I just got a pretty good free Waldorf preschool curriculum that could be adapted for older kids from the Yahoo waldorf curriculum group. I'm planning to do a lot of adapting to it to personalize it, so if you're willing to do that sort of thing that might be a good place to start.   I have looked at Oak Meadow a lot too and would really like to use it, but have a similar economic situation where it's just not realistic for us. So, I'll be looking forward to seeing...
Freedom of movement may not be 100% preventative, but logically it seems like it would lower the risk caused by baby being in a bad position compared with lying in a hospital bed the whole time. But, movement during pushing if there is a dystocia is supposed to be very helpful, specifically rolling over sideways into the hands and knees position. Stretching your torso out so the shoulder has room to move back off the pubic bone is supposed to be helpful too (in the same...
I agree with the other posters here that you shouldn't hold yourself to idyllic standards of how you're supposed to feel about your baby. On the other hand, it seems like its bothering you to some extent?   It makes me wonder about your birth experience/immediate postpartum. They say that it's a critical time for bonding with your baby, and I feel like if that is interrupted, it can make bonding a lot harder (at least, based on comparing my two birth experiences...