or Connect

Posts by MamaRBH

I'm sorry to bump an older thread here, but in my search for info on probiotics, I came upon this one. I have also been on antibiotics for a month due to a persistent staph/kidney infection. For the past 5-6 days I have experienced stomach pains that are new. I wonder if this is a result of the anti-biotic? Also, the OP's question of brands and methods for taking probiotics was not answered, so I'm hoping this bump will bring some new info.
I ran into the thread from the front page, as well.... just like the pp's - I couldn't read w/out responding. I could never attempt nor pretend to understand your heartache... but I read your first and last post in this thread and cried for you. I am so sorry you've been faced with this challenging time. You really gave that child a gift far beyond what words could describe. Great things happen to great people... you will make an amazing Mother...you already...
Quote: Originally Posted by serenetabbie mamaRBH... I think the way to go this summer for you might be raised beds and/or things you could pick/tend while standing up. Think something you can reach while sitting, seriously raised beds and not like my sort-of-raised-bed crouch or kneel down garden. Veggies that can be grown upwards would be good, like trellised peas and cukes, or tall items like corn. Depending on how old your children are, they of...
Mama, can you tell me more about "floating row covers"? I'm a new gardener, so please excuse my lack of knowledge.
Awesome. I truly hate the chemical weed killers. DH thinks they are the only thing that works. I convinvced him to put compost under the mulch this year to try and drown them out naturally.....but if I can slow em' down more with vinegar and show him we can eliminate the chemicals, I'd be so happy. One more step towards healthier family, home and planet, ya know? Baby steps, I tell him....each one counts.
Anyone care to share their white vinegar garden use success stories?
Quote: Originally Posted by MidnightCommando I do think it is a good idea for anyone with very limited space or someone like my mom who can't bend over to garden. That is EXACTLY what I was hoping to hear. : I'm having major ankle surgery at the end of May and am aching to find a way to grow veggies this year w/out the ability to pull off the maintenence that garden growing requires. The "over-selling" of the commercial had me concerned,...
I'm going to be having major ankle surgery on May 21st. DH set up a space for me to plant some veggies right next to the back door which he tilled with organic soil for me. I won't be able to do very much maintaining due to my lack of mobility over the summer. I will be able to crutch out and get on my knees, but my time will be limited. DH can help water, but will be have double responsibilty in the house, so I don't want to ask much more of him. Are there any...
Have you seen the commercials? http://www.topsyturvy.com/?cid=631254 Are these safe/natural or are they growing so well due to artificial aid?? I'd love to get your thoughts on these...
I have coupon mom's book...I got it for free as a promotion. The book is somewhat helpful. The website, however, I'm disappointed with. It's flooded with affiliate ads and I have a hard time distinguishing real info from ads. I've learned a lot from the forums at afullcup.com and frugalinspiration.com/forums but just can't seem to find an organizing system that works for me. I love the 4x6 album idea, though, and I plan to pick one up this week and give it a...