or Connect

Posts by MamaRBH

Just called the Ped. after noticing DS' left eye watering and developing a yellow goopy substance... they said it is a blocked tear duct and that I need to massage the duct area while feeding for the next 2 days...if that isn't effective, we go to the opthamologist. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, was the massage successful?? A friend of mine had to take her newborn to have a blocked tear duct surgically un-blocked.... I'd hate for this to come to that.
Another thing you can do for relief is to take a newborn diaper...soak it in water and place it in the freezer....then hold it against your breast once it is frozen for relief. I would also stop the pumping right away, as you're encouraging the oversupply to continue... if you need to express some for relief - stand in the warm shower and express just a bit using your hand.... I wish you luck, and also a big CONGRATS on the new babe...I just had my second 3 weeks...
Thanks, Ladies... I think I'll brave it tonight and see what happens... I've been wearing a bra for the past 3 and a half weeks night and day... my boobs long to be free... :LOL So it's worth a try!
Hello out there nursing Mamas! I wondered if I could get your feedback on something I'm wondering... My 3 week old daughter is doing fantastic with sleeping at night...she sleeps in bed with us and wakes to nurse just once or twice...I nurse her while laying down and she quickly falls asleep belly to belly with me.... so she's really not eating much at all during the night. My question is this.....does there come a point where my breasts produce less milk at night...
:LOL Oh my fellow Mamas..... you laides haveme hysterical over here! I can't wait to tell my husband about the "phallic gumdrop" comment...he will find that hysterical...as he struggled the other day to come up with a way to describe them to me... I'm anti Boobah's and Cailou myself. My 2 year old watched Cailou a couple months ago and spent the rest of the day imitating his whines and cries. After that day I insisted it never be shown in my house again. It...
I'd like to pump a little just to have some breast milk stored in the freezer and wondered if anyone could recommend a not-very-expensive pump for this need??? I have the medela spring loaded one the hospital gave me and using it is like working out at the gym... :LOL
Thank you to those of you who have responded with such kind words and advice..... I appreciate it so very much!
Hello out there! I am new to Mothering.com... was just introduced to the site a couple weeks ago by a dear friend and have been lurking in on the expecting mamas for Feb 04'...their birth stories have been both inspiring and comforting to me. Tonight I decided to post for the first time here because I am struggling with some big-time hormones/emotions regarding my toddler. My DD is 25 months and just the greatest gift to me... I am due to be induced with my...