or Connect

Posts by tapiocapudding

I'm nursing my 20 month old. Feeling ambivalent about weaning. But I do want to wean her before the baby comes. I'm only 9 weeks but my milk supply has already bottomed out, I only really have milk for morning and before naptime feeds now.
My babies were born in June, May and April. It was nice having the lovely spring weather to go out walking in with the newborn, but I did feel like I missed a lot of the summer when I had the new babies because I couldn't take the newborn out in the heat as much, couldn't go in the pool with the baby, etc. This year at least I'll have July and part of August to summer it up before we have to hide out more. I actually wanted a September baby but we got a little ahead of...
My husband is not circumcised and has never had a problem from it. We live in Canada where it is much less common. I think, there are no real advantages and lots of potential risks. If he wants it done he can always have it done later. I think it's more cosmetic than anything. we kept our son intact and would make the same decision with any other sons. It has been a total non issue re: hygeiene, etc. It's much more work to be changing dressings and such with a newborn than...
this is my 4th baby and I am out of all my regular jeans and looking pregnant already. I'm only 9 weeks. If it weren't for the fact I have pants a few sizes bigger than my normal due to the up and down pregnancy and postpartum size rollercoaster I'd be in maternity pants already. I've had to put my normal pants all away. I'm trying to hold out until 11 weeks before switching because that seems more reasonable :p
this is my 4th too! So far I've had very positive reactions from DH's side (they knew we were TTC and were super excited) and my mom and sister are happy, but both say things like "this is the last one, right?" and "four is a lot of kids" they both say they are glad this is the last one. And this *is* going to be the last one, but if I wanted more what would be wrong with that?? My Dad is going to flip so I haven't told him yet. Friends are very positive and thrilled for...
I wore a baggy t shirt of hubby's I'm kind of a never nude. I prefer to have at least part of me dressed at all times unless I'm in the shower or in bed with hubby ;)
Just wanted to update that I never did get DD nursing again unfortunately. Now she is 12.5 months old and I am still pumping although my supply is dropping. I haven't yet decided if I am going to try and boost my supply or just put her on cow's milk. I really dislike pumping. I am happy she had breastmilk for a year at least. I'm really upset that it had to end the way it did though.
thanks. It seems the more I offer the more upset she gets so I think I'm going to try and be more relaxed about it and just be present (and topless!) as much as possible. I'm renting a breastpump. If DD won't latch back on at all I am going to pump until she's a year at the end of May. Another problem though is that she seems to dislike the flavour of the pumped milk. She drinks a bit but not much and I can tell she's hungry and upset. I have enough milk in the freezer...
My 10 month old has refused to nurse for 2 days now. I think she objects to the taste of antibiotics in my milk. I've had a killer sinus infection for a while now and when I noticed blood in the mucus (sorry tmi) I decided it was time to get the meds. But a few hours later DD was refusing to nurse. Do you think I will be able to get her back on the breast after I'm done the antibiotics? I got the okay from my doctor to stop taking them early, 24 hours after symptoms...
I'm 12 weeks and I started feeling mine around 11 but couldn't always find it. Now it is quite obvious. Not that I'm showing or anything but I can feel it. I'm on my second pregnancy. I remember starting to feel it around 13 weeks with baby #1. My midwife though pushed down on my abdomen and said 'ah yes there it is' when I was 8 weeks pregnant, so it's certainly possible with experienced hands!