or Connect

Posts by tapiocapudding

All the parking spots I've seen around where I live are for 'expectant mothers or caregivers with small children' I had no physical problems while pregnant so never used the parking spots then. I walked 2km a day up until I gave birth (wanted that baby OUT!) But with a 30 lb 15 month old I am really grateful for them! I don't think it's silly you used the parking spot. You *are* expecting after all! And I think all of those parking spots should be for those with small...
I have a 15 month old. I had my first PPAF when he was 12 months old, then a month later. But now I've had nothing for 2 months. I'm not pregnant. I also think my first 2 cycles were anovulary as I was monitoring cervical fluid and had a lot of pre fertile but no peak fluid. How long before my cycles will become regular again? Should they already be regular? LO breastfeeds once at night and about every 3 hours during the day.
It depends what you mean. DS nurses until letdown & drinks 3-5 times a day but he has a quick comfort suck with no milk letdown many more times a day.
I'm 5'3.5". Right after having DS I was about 140 which = about a size 10-11, but my proportions were all off. At 5'3.5" and 115lbs I'm size 5-6. I do think it really varies based on muscle mass etc and you're better off to go by measurments. I'm light but my measurements are higher than the average person of my weight since I have less muscle and weight is distrubuted more around my stomach.
mmm I just put the baby to bed and I'm enjoying a nice beer right now. I've had some mom friends startled when I drank while BFing but I just patiently explained to them how the blood alcohol content of alcohol is the same as what's in the breastmilk (ie negligible amounts) and now they jump to my defence if we're out with others. I remember my neighbours glaring at me while I was enjoying half a beer while BFing my newborn. My midwife told them she prescribed it! LOL
I really want to continue to RF my 13 month old but he is already close to 29lbs and the limit on our seat is 30lbs (evenflo triumph advance). I've looked into other seats and I can't find many that RF to more than 30lbs and none that RF to more than 35 lbs (and it seems silly to me to buy a whole new $150+ carseat for an extra 5lbs) I'm terrified to turn DS FFing as my DH is teaching me to drive right now. I was considering buying a new seat but I can't find any that...
I had my DS when I was 22, so young, but not *really* young (I'm 23 now). I have found that where I live most people tend to delay childbearing, especially the AP type mamas. I attend a group for young moms (it's for 22 and under but they weren't going to kick me out just for turning 23 :P) and I have made some great friends there even though our styles of parenting are quite different. I also dream of being a midwife one day but I want to wait until I'm done having kids...
I think a year is a great goal. It was my goal too, and we're coming up on it in just a handful of days with no signs of stopping Whether breastfeeding is hard or easy really depends on a lot of factors. Some women heartbreakingly cannot breastfeed though they desperately want to. But that is fairly rare so odds are good for you. I'm another lucky one who had a great experience. After the first 4 weeks or so breastfeeding was very easy for us and we haven't had an issue...
My almost 12 month old has slowed down his nursing during the day too. We chose to nightwean him recently because we were getting up more than 12 times a night and with his refusal to cosleep it just wasn't working. So he gets a 5 am feeding, then a 7 am feeding and then he usually only nurses another 3 - 5 times beyond that. I guess that's still enough but it's a drastic and sudden drop from his every 90 minute pattern which had lasted until very recently. He's just so...
My DS was a dream as a newborn. He didn't cry at all until he was over 6 weeks and up until 6 mopnths he'd go days without crying at all. He just went "eh, eh" when he wanted to be fed. He slept all the time. All he wanted to do was cuddle and snuggle. He just cuddled into my chest so peacefully. I loved the milky grins the soft skin the sweet breastmilk newborn poop and how small and cuddly he was. The lack of sleep was a shock though.