or Connect

Posts by tapiocapudding

totally normal. I think the cause is overzelous sucking. I don't think it causes them any pain. My DS had one for the longest time.
Mine has always been like that. I had oversupply and overactive letdown for the first four months or so and instead of pulling off the breast my DS's technique was to gulp like crazy. I had him on one breast per feed to try and reduce the letdown but oversupply wasn't really causing us any issues- his poop was the right colour and texture and he was a *very* content newborn. He was very tooty and spit up a whole lot but it didn't seem to upset him. DS doubled his...
I am horrified for you. I too am a lifetime bus rider and I've seen my share of crying babies and toddlers on the bus. If you don't have a car you still have to run errands and sometimes you don't have the option of leaving the kids at home with a partner. Sometimes you've been out too long and the baby is just cranky and overtired and won't nurse, doesn't respond to rocking or bouncing and just cries. Sometimes you have a collicky baby who will just cry for no reason at...
I guess it would depend on how attached your DS is to the solids. At that age mine had pretty much no interest and I doubt he would've noticed at all if I'd taken them away. He didn't really eat more than token bites of solids until maybe 10 months. Even now at 11 months I don't think he'd really miss them all that much. If your DS isn't that attached, I wouldn't worry about removing the solids and just letting him snatch the occaisional bite from your plate instead....
I wasn't breastfed at all since my mom decided she didn't want to nurse twins. I don't think it's impacted my support though. Although she couldn't offer me any advice on breastfeeding my Mom is 100% supportive of my parenting decisions even if she does think they're weird sometimes : My Dad is also supportive although he too thinks it's odd I intend to breastfeed past a year. He doesn't judge at all and says he thinks it's crazy that some people have a problem with women...
I only have 1 child so far but my pregnancy with him was ideal. No morning sickness or nausea, no swelling, very few aches and pains, I just felt pretty great, loved the miracle of the baby growing inside me and I was very healthy the whole time. I did have some issues with low blood pressure causing dizzy spells and I did gain 40lbs but other than that I couldn't have asked for a better experience.
I think 23 is still young. Of course, I'm 23 so maybe I'm biased. My city runs a young moms groups and it's for 22 and under so I'm the oldest (they weren't gonna kick me out on account of having a birthday and I really enjoy the group) I think I relate to them more than I do moms in other groups because none of us really have a house or car or financial stability. Anyways I do get some weirdness about my age. Not really from other mothers but from the public health...
Quote: Originally Posted by pixiepunk i never have. i'm way too lazy to pump unless it's necessary Me too. I hate the pump and it hates me. The only time I can really pump successfully is if baby is latched on the other side and now that he's 8 months old he won't nurse and will instead focus all his efforts on trying to eat my pump. So if I need to go somewhere sans baby I have to hand express. It takes me like 15 minutes to get 3oz. So no,...
Quote: Originally Posted by serenekitten Heh, no, I just look more tired. (I've always had a lack of energy, so this is nothing new to the people who know me.) I haven't gotten into any of the local groups, yet. I'm curious to see what the age range is. I'll be 21 in April, so I don't think I'll have to worry much about being "old." I'm off to WIC today for my first meeting with them. Should be interesting. I looooved being pregnant but...
I second using a woven wrap. I pretie mine all the time. Sometimes I make it a bit loose but it only takes a second to pull it tighter once the baby is in. My babe was born a shrimpy 6lbs11oz and was 14lbs by 2 months. I used the stretchy wrap until he was 18lbs at 4 months but at that point he was just waaay too heavy for it and I was using my arms to support him totally defeating the purpose of babywearing. Stretchy wraps are wonderful for newborn snuggles though :